Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So w my 08 2.2l cobalt I noticed the front end was making some noises so I replaced the intermediate steering shaft and when I was putting it back together I had rotated the steering wheel and messed up my clock spring, horn didn’t work and neither did my buttons I took it apart and put a new clock spring in today and the horn and buttons work now but the air bag light stays on the passenger seats knows when I get on it and stuff I’ve checked connector under drivers seat I’m not sure really where the cause is before I replaced the steering shaft it would come on every once and a while and then turn back off so any ideas ?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Have you disturbed any wiring on or around the column. I know the wiring can become brittle or connectors loose and need to have the pins pushed in. I would suppose not since removing the column really isn’t necessary.

With the cars age, it’s possible it could be something not even linked to what work has been done. Hard to say. The pins on the electrical connectors not seating all the way seems to be a little problem I see around various GM cars I’ve worked on. Usually will have to go behind them and push them down with a pick or tiny screw driver farther into the connector.

Without seeing data on a scanner it can be very hard to pinpoint.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts