Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 cobalt base model 5spd coupe. Everything is manual. No power.

I've been reading that numerous things can cause the light to be on. So I'm at a loss as to where to look. Here are some issues that may contain to the problem.

The light has been on since I owned the car. Never had it scanned, but the passenger seatbelt was locked up. So I always figured it was that. Being how expensive the belts are I finally replaced it and the light didn't go out and my friends scanner also indicated that there was no fault code for the pass. belt. What code did pop up was:
b0015 LF pretensioner deployment loop
b0012 driver frontal deployment loop stage 1
b0013 driver frontal deployment loop stage 2

I took the trim off to look at the seatbelt connection and it wasn't even plugged in. Plugged it in and cleared the codes, but they came back immediatly.

The horn never worked when I bought the car and shortly after I broke the 'clicker' thing that makes the turn signal go off after turning.

I've also checked the numb 13 fuse.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know the passenger seat has a plug in it for a sensor for the airbag, I'm not sure if the drivers seat has one.

I would check under the drivers seat for a sensor unplugged.

When I pulled my passenger seat to run at the strip, my airbag light came on as soon as I unplugged the seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brand new Balt from the dealer - light came on service airbag soon two blocks after picking it up. 29 miles on the car.

Traced back to a defective battery that had to be replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.