Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been reading all over about the air box mod. what exactly is it? how do u do it? is it worth the trouble? and if anyone has done this mod can u post pictures. thanx

·
Registered
268 Posts
it's where you remove the silencer under the airbox which all's the silencer does is restricts air flow like you wouldn't believe it's crazy. i removed mine and i have faster response to the rev. way more airflow better for the motor, can finally breath. i highly suggest this to you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how exactly do u do it? im not to familiar with cobalt engines. do u have any pics of what has to be removed?

·
Registered
268 Posts
it is under your right headlight connected to the airbox, i think theres 1 bolt and one tab to pop off to remove i pulled the headlight off and the panel under that off then the silencer takes bout a half hour all ten mm bolts/nuts. and yes i'll upload a pic for u give me like 10mins.

cobalt-z added 5 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

cobalt-z added 6 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

it's insanly bigger than i thought it would be when i pulled it off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k thanx cobalt-z. i might give it a go this weekend. what about the air filter? should i replace it with a more high flow model? what would u suggest?

·
Registered
257 Posts
waste of time....IMO

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
k thanx cobalt-z. i might give it a go this weekend. what about the air filter? should i replace it with a more high flow model? what would u suggest?
SRI intake FTW!!!!

and alpha, not a waste of time, i enjoy having the high pitched whine when i rev the engine, makes it sound like a SC(only got it after the silencer removal, lol)

·
Registered
268 Posts
yeah i used the drop in kand n airbox filter it's not bad and it's cleanable

cobalt-z added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

if you got money to spend go for it but i'm cheap

·
Registered
257 Posts
if you have nothing good to say then bite it and move on.
calm down mister sensitive. i would rather have something constructive to say then give mis information unlike yourself.

do u think id be better to go down the cai route instead?
CAI are great but not going to do much for performance unless it's a built engine. other wise it's just a gas saver. it'll only sound like your going faster

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
calm down mister sensitive. i would rather have something constructive to say then give mis information unlike yourself.

CAI are great but not going to do much for performance unless it's a built engine. other wise it's just a gas saver. it'll only sound like your going faster
1. cobalt Z only speaks his mind, dont harp on him. He has been informative in the past. and for cheap mods, i would talk to him.

2. i agree on the gas saver for the CAI. Myself, i went SRI, and have loved it since

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much of a sound difference is there when the silencer is removed from the airbox? and what type of sound is it?

·
Registered
257 Posts
1. cobalt Z only speaks his mind, dont harp on him. He has been informative in the past. and for cheap mods, i would talk to him.

2. i agree on the gas saver for the CAI. Myself, i went SRI, and have loved it since
anyone w/ internet access and google is informative

·
Registered
268 Posts
sry if i kinda blew up but we just don't neeed negative remarks around here it don't help anyone, ya know

·
Registered
257 Posts
sry if i kinda blew up but we just don't neeed negative remarks around here it don't help anyone, ya know
it wasnt meant to be negative...like i said it was just my opinion...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
yeah, but it takes common knowledge to know WHAT information to grab from google, is what helps. any monkey can pull random stuff from the web, it takes a certain person to grab what is needed, wanted, or required, to answer a specific question, that makes a person truly informative

cobaltkrazy added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

not cool man, DEFINITELY not cool. If you know my background on here, you would know why!

you know ive got like 5 posts from you tonight and every time you help you seem wiser. not to be a kiss ass/suck up (I know some one would have something to say about that) but... ill prob be talking to you more often when i need it. lol

and as far as CAI/SRI/Modding Id rather go further than faster with gas going ^^^. kinda a tortoise and the hair thing

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
you know ive got like 5 posts from you tonight and every time you help you seem wiser. not to be a kiss ass/suck up (I know some one would have something to say about that) but... ill prob be talking to you more often when i need it. lol

and as far as CAI/SRI/Modding Id rather go further than faster with gas going ^^^. kinda a tortoise and the hair thing
thus why i bought a honda, in cdn dollars:

Cobalt SS 2.4L to fill - $50

Civic CX 1.6L to fill - $35!!!!!!!!!!!!

and by the way, thanks for the compliments man, i try my best to help

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
im lucky to get half a tank for $20 and being the Girlfriend taxi service I fill about twice a week at half a tank. I always go at half for some reason.

and np I like having people like me so i try to make a good impression. Enemies aren't fun. Free knowledge is also useful, so someone with that knowledge and likes me is a good thing.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.