2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started painting my fenders. All rattle can baby!!!! Woohoo

Not a bad shine..... Ha ha

I'll keep y'all updated

·
Registered
911 Posts
Thanks. Btw I want everyone to be honest, if you don't like it and think it's rice , it's ok to say so
I'm honest, and I honestly meant nice job...turned out alot better than the spray bomb job I did on a '85 camaro today, effin fisheyed on me for some reason, but it was bottom of a door, inside the hatch and trunk lock so u can't really see it once the car is put back together...atleast the door part turned out good

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it'll look good..seakeret on how to get it so shiny??
Lots of clear. When you start from one side when clearing, don't stop going from side to side until it's done. If you do you'll get some hazy areas. I'm also gonna sand it down, rubbing compound and polish

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
The painting job is excellent. I'm not a big fan of the exhaust, but then again I am not a JDM fan, so consider the source. I will say one thing, you got mad skillz with a rattle can. Rice or not I am excited to see how it all turns out.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you trial fit first? How do those fit?
Nah no trial fit. Didn't feel like takin it off and then reinstalling. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and paint em first. If they don't fit, oh well. I'm pretty sure they'll fit

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nah no trial fit. Didn't feel like takin it off and then reinstalling. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and paint em first. If they don't fit, oh well. I'm pretty sure they'll fit
yeah trial fits are a pain, but it might save you time in the future, depending on how lucky you are.

Also, that paint job is amazing, I am always impressed with what people (you) can do at home with no special equipment. That truly makes my envious of your abilities. Nice job man.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah trial fits are a pain, but it might save you time in the future, depending on how lucky you are.

Also, that paint job is amazing, I am always impressed with what people (you) can do at home with no special equipment. That truly makes my envious of your abilities. Nice job man.

Really appreciate the comments. I've been rattle canning everything for so long that I figured out how to get better at it

·
Registered
140 Posts
The paint job looks awesome. Not a fan of aftermarket (non carbon fiber) fenders. All look pretty ricey IMHO. Also, why try and do a JDM look with a USDM car?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
The paint job looks awesome. Not a fan of aftermarket (non carbon fiber) fenders. All look pretty ricey IMHO. Also, why try and do a JDM look with a USDM car?
Actually I think ford does that with the Focus,and they put the vents on the Super Duty trucks. Or at least tehy look like vents, could be cheesy stick on stuff though.

Will be waiting for pics also.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Actually I think ford does that with the Focus,and they put the vents on the Super Duty trucks. Or at least tehy look like vents, could be cheesy stick on stuff though.

Will be waiting for pics also.
The vents are real on the super dutys but not sure about the ****uses, Anyways I think the fenders look great rice or not. I've been thinking about getting some like this myself.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.