Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have the ss side skirts on my car and ss spolier and color matched mirror caps. Next my plan is ss front bumper ss\tc then lip then back lip, but I kinda like the air zen kit adoes anyone have it or know someone with it? How is the fitment? Anyone have pics? I will be buying the ss front bumper or the body kit. Help please

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Just to let you know... My kit is the BMX kit by AIT. And it is racking up time in the fiberglassing dept. to get it to fit correctly. FRP does not fit like they say it does. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
SS kit all the way dude. That's the route I'm taking. Find it looks way sicker...dunno why but it does.

And there's no fitment issues. You can't really lose with the SS kit.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Stay away from Andys Auto Sports inhouse stuff, that stuff is cheap copies of other brands kits and pieces. Body shop guy had hell putting on their side skirts and rear bumper.

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Yeah... Don't do Andy's Auto Sport ever! SS kit would be the best, unless you wanna be a bit more wild. We are being slightly anal about this kit I guess, but the rear bumper did come with a few chips out of it, and the front bumper was just way out of whack! And the thing shipped direct from AIT, so it wasn't a knock off.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I like the ss kit alot but everyone has it, idk its up in the air.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

my ait zen rear bumper fits fine, side skirts no
Ya I read they are made for a 4 door and you have to do work to make them work for the 2 door, but i have the ss ones on now so I could just leave them on. The guy you sold the bumper to did it fit right?

Just to let you know... My kit is the BMX kit by AIT. And it is racking up time in the fiberglassing dept. to get it to fit correctly. FRP does not fit like they say it does. Hope that helps.
Man that sucks. Is FRP as safe as the stock bumpers? Is it hard to get it to fit i have never done anything like that so I guess it would go to a shop and that would be $$$$

·
Registered
133 Posts
GM does have 2or3 body kits for cobalt you got to ask the dealer I have AIT kit the easiest way to install the rear bumper would be start from the side screws under the trunk lid and work your way to the sides while having some one push on the rear bumper from the middle the side skirts do suck tho cause you have to cut 'em and stuff the easiest way to install front bumper is to take out your head lights assembly (the lights and plastic bracket) and bolt the bumper from the inside i personally like my ATI kit its easy to fix if you bump into something all you need to have is a fiberglass,resin, some sandpaper and paint

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Man that sucks. Is FRP as safe as the stock bumpers? Is it hard to get it to fit i have never done anything like that so I guess it would go to a shop and that would be $$$$
the ss kit would cost more money though. I'd recomend talking to a couple body shops and getting some quotes. then you know how much it would actually cost you

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
the ss kit would cost more money though. I'd recomend talking to a couple body shops and getting some quotes. then you know how much it would actually cost you
ya but I want it to look good honestly witch would look the best hands down is it worth it to get the ss kit?
which one is lower to the ground and do you think ss side skirts would look good with the ait kit? Could some one photo shop for me?

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

GM does have 2or3 body kits for cobalt you got to ask the dealer I have AIT kit the easiest way to install the rear bumper would be start from the side screws under the trunk lid and work your way to the sides while having some one push on the rear bumper from the middle the side skirts do suck tho cause you have to cut 'em and stuff the easiest way to install front bumper is to take out your head lights assembly (the lights and plastic bracket) and bolt the bumper from the inside i personally like my ATI kit its easy to fix if you bump into something all you need to have is a fiberglass,resin, some sandpaper and paint
So if fit perfect no problems? Could you take some pics?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Aftermarket never fits right, there well always be modification to get it to fit right. SS kit is the best cause its goes right on. The only way you well get a kit that fits exactly is if GM starts making their own for us lol
Yea, but the body shop guy had hell with the Andys stuff but really like the ease and quality of the RK Sport front nose that I had him put on.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
they aren't body kits,

·
Registered
750 Posts
Mine has been in the shop forever having a kit put on as well as numerous other things. I am hoping to get it back in a couple weeks. The front bumper is a Zen and was a little tricky. The fogs have to be custom mounted and the grille area needed some work. The worst part was the headlight housing area and the passenger side where it meets the fender. Side skirts and rear are N1 style from an unknown manufacture possibly itrenz. All of the part are lacking in fiberglass and are mostly comprised of gel coat. Extra time was needed to add more glass to all of the parts to strengthen them. They were very weak and had multiple stress fractures in them. The rear bumper was by far the worst. It actually had to be cut in half and about a 1/2 inch of glass needed to be added to widen the bumper to get it to fit properly. IMO the SS kit is the easier route but the Zen kit looks amazing once all the work is put into it. I will hopefully have the car back soon to be able to post pics

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mine has been in the shop forever having a kit put on as well as numerous other things. I am hoping to get it back in a couple weeks. The front bumper is a Zen and was a little tricky. The fogs have to be custom mounted and the grille area needed some work. The worst part was the headlight housing area and the passenger side where it meets the fender. Side skirts and rear are N1 style from an unknown manufacture possibly itrenz. All of the part are lacking in fiberglass and are mostly comprised of gel coat. Extra time was needed to add more glass to all of the parts to strengthen them. They were very weak and had multiple stress fractures in them. The rear bumper was by far the worst. It actually had to be cut in half and about a 1/2 inch of glass needed to be added to widen the bumper to get it to fit properly. IMO the SS kit is the easier route but the Zen kit looks amazing once all the work is put into it. I will hopefully have the car back soon to be able to post pics

mine had that same problem with the passenger side..... we ended up getting through it and it looks good. i got the zen body kit. i was gonna get the cobalt ss but i figured alot of people have it because they drive ss's... i just wanted to be different

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
since we are on this topic.. .where can i get some SS sideskirts on the cheap..and maybe the ss front lip
Schram Auto Parts for the side skirts under form there vinders on here

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

mine had that same problem with the passenger side..... we ended up getting through it and it looks good. i got the zen body kit. i was gonna get the cobalt ss but i figured alot of people have it because they drive ss's... i just wanted to be different
How did you fix it?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
can u post pics of it?

·
Registered
133 Posts
ya but I want it to look good honestly witch would look the best hands down is it worth it to get the ss kit?
which one is lower to the ground and do you think ss side skirts would look good with the ait kit? Could some one photo shop for me?

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

So if fit perfect no problems? Could you take some pics?
no i am saying it will fit perfectly but with a lot of problems it will take you up to 4 hours trying to fit it
this is how my body kit looks like if you want i can take it apart and show you how i did it but it will take some time

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.