Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I disconnected the negative terminal on my 2007 Cobalt SS/SC battery to do some work in the engine. It was off for about 2 hours. When I reconnected the battery my alarm lights no longer worked. I went into setting on the dash and made sure the horn and alarm lights were set to come on when I set my alarm. It made no difference. The alarm still locks the doors and sets just fine but I have no indication aside from the sound on the doors locking and the red light on the FOB itself. Any Ideas? -Puddle

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Do the bulbs still work normally when using them?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I'm no electrician so I might be completely off base, possible fuse blown?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But wouldn't that not allow the doors to lock as it's part of the alarm? I'll double check them as I guess they could be separate.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Yeah, I'm not very good with electrical. Just trying to spit ball ideas!

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Must be an aftermarket alarm!!! You might need to open the operating manual and redo the alarm armed acknowledge settings.

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Oh never seen a GM FOB with an LED....

What is the number behind the FOB?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I got the lights to work by turning the light setting on the dash to OFF. There is something backwards here....Also The horn will not chirp. Maybe it is a after market one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.