Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I lock or unlock it my car beeps so many times it's really loud and annoying. I have an 08 coupe lt. I bought it used but it came with autostart on the remote but it's a stock remote.
Any ideas what I need to do to disable the sounds?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Whenever I lock or unlock it my car beeps so many times it's really loud and annoying. I have an 08 coupe lt. I bought it used but it came with autostart on the remote but it's a stock remote.
Any ideas what I need to do to disable the sounds?
try the DIC I know there's some settings there...
but it really sounds like its an aftermarket system because of the autostart
so then you'd probably have to find out what system it is and then work from there...

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Loizzo – if you’d like to send me a PM with your VIN, I can double check that it’s a stock remote start for you.

Thanks,
Laura
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
985 Posts
a lot of the autostarts I install honk or beep X amount of times based on the locking setting theyre applying.

1 for normal
2 for no lights
3 for only 1 alarm cycle
etc etc etc

mine has up to 8 alarm settings I can cycles threw. I didnt think balts came with factory remote starters. Look under the hook for an after market siren, or behind the dash (probably tucked behind the BCM) for an alarm/remote start module, that should answer your question right there for factory vs aftermarket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.