Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys and girls, I recently purchased 2005 cobalt base model coupe. My question is did it previously have a key fob? Could I just get a fob and have it programmed for my car, or would other installations need to be made? The reason I ask is because before I close my door I click the power lock button to lock the doors, and next time I unlock it the alarm goes off. My blazer didn't do this nor did any of my parents cars before. Maybe it's supposed to, but either way I'd like a key fob.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's strange.. I'm pretty sure the alarm doesn't get set when you lock the doors with the lock button, it should only be set when you use the keyfob.

That's how it works on my 2010 LT sedan. I do have power locks and a fob with a remote starter, though.

Do you have an antenna on your roof for a fob? Mine is on the back of the roof near the rear glass, in the middle. It's a small black square-ish thing with a stick coming out at an angle. I've seen other cars with just the puck, though too.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
My question is did it previously have a key fob?
Check the RPO list in the trunk for option AU0 or AP3. If you have one of these your car came with key FOBs. 22733523 if it didn't come with remote start and 22733524 if it came with.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Could I just get a fob and have it programmed for my car, or would other installations need to be made?
No other installation but you program the car to the FOB and not the other way around.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Do you have an antenna on your roof for a fob?
FOB antenna is under the dash pad, the one you are describing is for onstar and or satelite radio.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That means you don't have remote start but you do have remote door locks. You need 22733523 FOB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.