Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I will go to take a look at SS/SC rims and probably will buy it cuz I saw pics of them and they looked prety good. I will buy them with tires so my questions is , Do I have to do aligment and if yes, I will probably buy Springs in two weeks, Can I drive with no aligment for 3 weeks or so ????
I dont want to do aligment for the rims and the tires and then for the springs again just in the 3 week.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You shouldn't need an alignment for different rims unless your alignment is already off. I usually don't get an alignment when I put different rims on my car. You just have to have them re-balanced. I would wait to have the alignment done after you have your springs installed.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You shouldn't need an alignment for different rims unless your alignment is already off. I usually don't get an alignment when I put different rims on my car. You just have to have them re-balanced. I would wait to have the alignment done after you have your springs installed.
Yeah but I wont get only rims I will get rims + tires on the rims allready
This is what I getting

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
You DO NOT need an alignment when just putting new rims and tires on.....Just put them on and drive away.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Only time you need to do an alignment is if you have a pull to one side already (needing an alignment to begin with), or you change your steering/suspension components. Tires/rims do not mess with the alignment as they bolt to the same place the original tires bolt to and if your alignment is good already, then you will have no problems. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
what do you have to do to account for the mph difference on you odometer when you put larger rims on your car?

·
Registered
992 Posts
You only need to do that if you go like over 19" or 20" i think
somewhat right, but actually it all depends on your tire to go with the rim. I went from 16's to 19's and the overall diameter of the rim/tire is only 0.23 inches difference. My speedo is therefore only thrown off 0.56 MPH making it a negligeble amount

what do you have to do to account for the mph difference on you odometer when you put larger rims on your car?
you need to have your speedo reset

·
Registered
39 Posts
so the lower the profile the better to minimize the overall change in wheel diameter. got it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.