Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have couple question.... there's a filter above my glove and im trying to find the right name for it so i can change that? Also i plan on changing my oil and filling my brake fluid washer fluid and filling tires up and giving the inside and out side a good clean after i put the new tail lights on and the 3rd brake like tint on it...

So ok after washing of course ima wax it lol and shine the tires up any certain product to use to wax it i usely use spray wax and tire shine..

·
Registered
675 Posts
what kind of oil are you going to put in it?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I like castrol edge 5w30 but any synthetic will help clean your motor

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah i just put in the royal purple 5W30, it runs pretty smoothe now :)

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I used Royal Purple in my SS. I love that stuff, works very well and doesn't break down as fast as most of the others. Now with my evo tho, I use AMS oil only. Stuff is WAY better than royal purple (probably costs a little more too).

·
Registered
675 Posts
Ive never used the AMS, would it be worth it to use in the balt' next go round?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Umm, not too sure. Let me look around really quick and find out for ya. AMS is a brand that is more special order but it's racing oil. Meant to be used with FI cars that are run REALLY hard for long periods of time.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Here is the kind I use and I guess you could use it on your cobalt if you wanted to lol

AMSOIL SAE 5W-30 Signature Series 100% Synthetic Motor Oil

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I do run the piss outta my SS lol I'll look into that brand.
I would. After 9k miles of running the crap out of my evo after the SD tune, as well as a few cruises with friends and stomping the random v8 at lights and whatnot, I pulled the oil out of my car in an oil change, and it didn't really look like it had been used much at all.:blink1: It was love at first sight for me:love: lol.

·
Registered
675 Posts
ha ill stick the with RP for now then since i dont run my car too hard right now. once i get some stuff under the hood and such ill look into it

·
Registered
675 Posts
AMS is a brand that is more special order but it's racing oil. Meant to be used with FI cars that are run REALLY hard for long periods of time.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Here is the kind I use and I guess you could use it on your cobalt if you wanted to lol

AMSOIL SAE 5W-30 Signature Series 100% Synthetic Motor Oil
I asked the same thing and this is what the answer was ^^

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
To be honest, it would be a waste of money. I run full synthetic and think that might be a waste some times.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
how hard do you drive your car? also, there are different levels of AMSoil. The link I posted is the BEST you can get from them at 5w30. it recommends an average oil life of this for non FI cars at 25k miles per oil change. So if that says something lol. Click the link I posted above and look around, I'm sure you'll find some good stuff from them. :)

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

To be honest, it would be a waste of money. I run full synthetic and think that might be a waste some times.
Depends on the build of the N/A car as to weather it would be a waste or not. Even just daily driving, you can get MANY more miles out of AMSoil than you can with the other kinds. Also, as I said before, they really designed AMSoil for racing cars as well as mainly FI cars. So for the FI guys, it's definately not a waste, it's also a good alternative to RP for the guys that want premium oil, but since you don't change it as often as most other oils, in all actuality it very well pays for itself in just a couple of oil changes :)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^right, I was rather refering to the OP than people with FI and racable cars. I change my oil after two or three races on full synthetic and it's already starting to get dirty so paying 30 or so more on an oil change doesn't seem reasonable IMO.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.