Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new here and don't want to piss anyone off by starting a new thread when there are similar topics, but I've read through them and haven't found an answer. So here is my problem....a few days ago while driving down the road all the gauges in the gauge cluster dropped to zero. I'm not sure but I think that the dash light went out too. At first I thought it was just a fuse and sure enough the #7 or #6 fuse was blown. I can't remember which one, but the fuse for the cluster. At first I thought great! I just need to replace the fuse, but as soon as I put another fuse in that position it blew as well. And yes, the car was turned off when I did this. My best guess is that there is either a bad relay in the fuse box under the hood, or the instrument cluster has a short in it, or some other kind of malfunction. I've been trying to search the internet to see if there is a relay associated with the cluster, but haven't been successful and I'm starting to doubt there is one. So is there any advice out there for me? BTW this is an 07 LS Coupe.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Pull the cluster out and make sure that it's plugged in tightly.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
check all your connections are tight coming from the cluster to the fuse box. make sure you have power at all your sources. if not then look for an open in the circuit or could be a short to ground / power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.