Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just need to vent. last night around 945, i was driving home from my college night course and i was pulled over, when the cop got to my window, he pullud me out, patted me down and handcuffed me. i was in the back seat of the police car a 1/2 mile from my house while he searched my truck. i dont do any drugs or nothing so of course he found nothing but im pissed cuz this is the 3rd time ive been pulled over and searched in the past 5 months, i hate being 19 and its bull that they steriotype me like that so often and the worst part im a criminal justice major, why do i want to be one of them?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i mean im not even dirtbag material, i was in rotc through highschool and now voulenteer at the local bmx track teaching little kids how to ride
but the cop after finding nothing wrong released me and told me to get home in a rude tone and didnt even appoligize

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Do they ask to search your vehicle when they do? It may be a new york thing or something, but here in Wisconsin, unless we have grounds to get into that vehicle or we our given consent, we can't search that vehicle at all. I am a Criminal Justice Major myself, and am a Police Officer in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all they have to say is that they have probable cause and i have to go throught a shady part of town to get home and it was late at night

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Dude **** that, I'd be filing a complaint and doing whatever I can... Yeah here in NY, I've heard all they need is probable cause. I've also been pulled over by an undercover drug cop, but I was speeding.. He let me off.

I'm starting training to go into NYPD Auxiliary in the end of march, I don't like cops myself- but what are ya gonna do?

Sucks.

·
Registered
931 Posts
we should start a club.. ive been riped from my cobalt once...and had my firebird serched 3 times.... (i may not have the best record tho)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got no record at all, ive been driving almost 4 years and no tickets, accidents nothing. im a cautious driver most kids my age have a foot long rap sheet, espetially in my area

·
Registered
31 Posts
Definitely file a complaint. When I was in my late teens I had a small town police department harass me for 6 months. Pulling me over for nothing giving me BS tickets it was a nightmare. I actually started to put my car in park atr stop signs and raise my fingers to count to three bc I got about 10 stop sign tickets even though I was stopping completely, its one of the easiest tickets to give without needing proff and very hard to beet in court. I finally filed a complaint and went to court on several of the tickets and beat them. OMG the looks I got from the cops when I was leaving the courthouse.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I would say file a complaint, but then you may end up like vette, getting pulled over for a lot of nothing and getting more worries. People are a**holes, just be glad you got to go home and they didn't try to plant anything.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i cant file a complaint, im the only person in the area with an isuzu pickup so ill stick out to them and that will make my life hell, my friend down the road complained about 2 years ago, and hees been to jail 2 times since then for over nighters for dumb charges that the cops made up as well as countless tickets

·
Registered
31 Posts
True but if you file a complaint you will at least have a record. You should also note everytime they pull you over the xact date time and location. You do this and present it to the judge in court(where a suit and talk respectfull) and you will be surprised at the results. Yes it may get worse before it gets better but if you do it right they will leave you a lone. Cops don't want to loose money any more then you and unpaid suspension for harassment and/or a note on there record is not something they want.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
They cannot search your car without consent without probable cause. It's a federal law not anything to do with the state. I'm Criminal Justice major for two years. That is actually illegal what he did if he had no probable cause unless you were doing something you shouldn't have been =] But I'm not really getting the story he pulled you over just because?

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I would say file a complaint, but then you may end up like vette, getting pulled over for a lot of nothing and getting more worries. People are a**holes, just be glad you got to go home and they didn't try to plant anything.
Lmao this isn't the movies dude. Cops don't plant anything in people's cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.