Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to go snowboarding. On the freeway to the mountain, miss my exit because the damn carpool lane didn't open up. From the carpool i take an exit that has a tunnel and stupid me is hauling ass threw it and right after the tunnel opens up, theres a line of cars at the red light. End up skidding past all the stopped cars on the right shoulder (thank god for the shoulder or there would have been no where to go) tire smoke everywhere. Reversed and just got behind all the cars casually like nothing happened.

Now my rotors are done for sure. searching for new ones
need help on deciding to get good ones or not and what brand
$150s max

heres these so far

from Powerslot Slotted Rotors 05+ Cobalt (4 Lug) - 05-09 Cobalt Braking Systems, Hawk Brake Pads, Rotors, Big Brake Kits

could there be something else messed up from that? thinking wheel bearings

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
why would the wheel bearings be ****ed cuz you locked up your tires? i have an ls as well i have even spun out once and landed in a ditch aint shit wrong with my car.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why would the wheel bearings be ****ed cuz you locked up your tires? i have an ls as well i have even spun out once and landed in a ditch aint shit wrong with my car.
ok glad to hear they didn't get F'ed. thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
thats what im thinking. i mean i nkow my arm bushings are pretty garbage but they are getting replaced with fe5 arms/ottp bushings so **** em.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I seriously doubt you would have any other damage aside from the rotors. Then again you said that they were already warped. I don't know how long you drove with them warped, but you might want to have the front end inspected by a mechanic you trust. It looks like the rotors you picked out are good, but unless you are going racing they seem overkill. The lifetime warranty rotors at your local autoparts store are probably good enough for a daily driver.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I seriously doubt you would have any other damage aside from the rotors. Then again you said that they were already warped. I don't know how long you drove with them warped, but you might want to have the front end inspected by a mechanic you trust. It looks like the rotors you picked out are good, but unless you are going racing they seem overkill. The lifetime warranty rotors at your local autoparts store are probably good enough for a daily driver.
very true, and these do seem over kill unless im going to the track or something. and ill get the front end checked out, the rotors before weren't badly warped just a little were you could notice.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

should i just got to pepboys or auto zone and pick up some stockies. that way i dont have to wait for them to be shipped and i can do them tonight?

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I would just get the lifetime ones from autozone. I have always used these on daily driver cars, and never had a problem.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i want to upgrade them also. i went to pepboys and bought the "Power-Stop" rotors which a little better than oem. $36 and then i used a $5 off coupon from their website. so they came out to 31x2= $62 for two front unwarped rotors =P
i have not put them on, wondering if i should or return them
$100 dollars less than the power slots on my first post

Install or Return?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
their "Pro Stop" rotors, got the name wrong above. $62s not that bad for two front rotors so im just going to install them

heres the coupon

Pep Boys

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

I went to Napa auto parts store to get mine and they was cheaper than that. $120 I think same thing.
120 for both?
mines 62 for both
probably not as good as yours though

·
Registered
462 Posts
okay so question... is there any evidence of anything being wrong with your rotors other than paranoia?

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

lol i dont know about you guys but my car lacks some serious braking power im upgrading my rotors.
that won't upgrade your braking power unless you're constantly slamming on brakes doing 100mph. If you want to upgrade brakes you'll need by far more than just rotors.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.