Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right i have a cobalt lt and i want to know how do i make it faster. Like what parts should i get and what do I need to know.

-Thanks

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
it all depeneds how much money you want to spend. You can spend about 3000$ and get a turbo kit, or you can start with easy stuff like 250$ ona cold air intake nd like 400-600$ on an exhaust. Headers will also increase performance. Those would be a good start. Search around and check out sights like
cobalt-addiction.com
turbotechracing.com
they got all performance parts for chevy cobalts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it all depeneds how much money you want to spend. You can spend about 3000$ and get a turbo kit, or you can start with easy stuff like 250$ ona cold air intake nd like 400-600$ on an exhaust. Headers will also increase performance. Those would be a good start. Search around and check out sights like
cobalt-addiction.com
turbotechracing.com
they got all performance parts for chevy cobalts.
Thanks man

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
that bolt on thread scag sent is pretty fan-f*ckin-tastic if i do say so myself. good start for anybody

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
:toung:
sai? not quite familiar
like i said earlier, its an emissions control thing. stolen-This is a control system that added fresh air to the exhaust manifold to help burn off unused gases from the engine prior to entering the catalytic converter. It was required for California emmisions and I think some New York stuff too. The issue caused problems for people wanting to use aftermarket intakes and manifolds due to the lack of provisions for the system. At present, K&N is the only aftermarket intake system that provides for SAI.(actually they arent producing these right now.) There are no aftermarket headers at this time, and probably never will be.-
if you have the hose the red arrow points to then you have it. hope this helps you.

·
Registered
802 Posts
:toung:

like i said earlier, its an emissions control thing. stolen-This is a control system that added fresh air to the exhaust manifold to help burn off unused gases from the engine prior to entering the catalytic converter. It was required for California emmisions and I think some New York stuff too. The issue caused problems for people wanting to use aftermarket intakes and manifolds due to the lack of provisions for the system. At present, K&N is the only aftermarket intake system that provides for SAI.(actually they arent producing these right now.) There are no aftermarket headers at this time, and probably never will be.-
if you have the hose the red arrow points to then you have it. hope this helps you.

thats gay... i love florida no emissions checks

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
alright it doesnt look like i have that hose
no you are good to go as far as header, and intake. are you auto? if so id wait on the dp from racing solutions and get their header and dp. (fitment issue with aftermarket dp's with auto because most aftermarket headers are mid length.) if not auto, you can choose whatever combo you like.
beyond that it just depends how much you want to spend, and what your power goals are. set your power goals before you start modding so you dont have to buy parts more than once.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no you are good to go as far as header, and intake. are you auto? if so id wait on the dp from racing solutions and get their header and dp. (fitment issue with aftermarket dp's with auto because most aftermarket headers are mid length.) if not auto, you can choose whatever combo you like.
beyond that it just depends how much you want to spend, and what your power goals are. set your power goals before you start modding so you dont have to buy parts more than once.
alright thanks for the help if anything i'll go to you if i need to know something. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.