Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alternatives to koni's? for aftermarket springs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Are you looking for springs? or for struts?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
struts. i have ss/sc springs on my car now i mean it even'd my car out but i want alittle more so i was gonna go with eibach pro kit, but the koni's are just inserts and i was looking for maybe a full strut not just an insert to go with my springs. or maybe a full spring and strut kit? i dont want to go the coil over route, i was even thinking of maybe airbag but i'm not experienced with cars enought to feel comfortable with the installation or a vendor to go with.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
If your just going to do the pro kit, you don't need to do anything. If you really want to you could get the stock ss/sc struts and shocks. They are about the same ride height as the pro kit

·
Registered
27 Posts
onfortunately I ahve not been following the Cobalt as closely anymore...but has KYB come out with anything? I would pick them before Koni. and I actually just bought KYB AGX for all four corners of my GP.

·
Registered
88 Posts
There are no after market struts except the Koni's...its more than just inserts...it is the actual strut (and rear shocks if you get them), the rest is just the housing...only coil-overs come with a housing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah I went searching last night and all I could find were the Koni...that is disappointing. I prefer the AGX by far, and they are much easier to adjust.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gonna go with koni's for sure, but now i'm stuck since this is my everyday car unsure if i should go with prokit or sportlines. they are going on a sedan. any input?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Prokit for sure...sportlines will ruin your everyday driveability in my opinion. also make sure you have means to adjust the camber after you do the change.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
any idea what type of wheel gap i'd be looking at with prokit?

·
Registered
27 Posts
On my car (Grand Prix) with pro kit...Wheel gap is minimal...and completely acceptable on my stock 16's

·
Registered
88 Posts
Prokit for sure...sportlines will ruin your everyday driveability in my opinion. also make sure you have means to adjust the camber after you do the change.
Not with Koni's it won't. My springs aren't as low of a drop as Sportlines but they're pretty close and I have no issues after I got the Koni's installed...as long as you don't get a body kit, you'll be fine with a low drop for a daily driver.

He already has SS/SC springs so the Pro-kit won't even drop his car any lower...thats a waste of $$ for just getting slightly stiffer springs.

I suggest getting the SSC springs from ZZP...they aren't as low as Sportlines and they're significantly cheaper than Eibachs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have a ltz, which is just a fancy lt. so the ss/sc springs i have on aren't stock. so sportlines will lower my car a boatload more then ss/sc would.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a lot of ZZP product into my Grand Prix...almost all aftermarket parts have come from them. It did help to live a half hour away from their shop. Now I'm about 6 hours from there and 4 from Intense.

·
Registered
869 Posts
i have a ltz, which is just a fancy lt. so the ss/sc springs i have on aren't stock. so sportlines will lower my car a boatload more then ss/sc would.
I think he was saying because you have the ss/sc springs your not gonna get very much, if at all, lower than you are now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.