Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2007 cobalt dirt track car. My son tried to see how far he could push the wall outward last weekend with some not so desirable results. We broke the strut and steering knuckle not to mention bent up several other parts. When we were taking it apart the steering knuckle was cast aluminum. I was told the cobalt knuckle interchanges with several other cars. Anybody know what cars have that same aluminum knuckle? And I did do a search but only came up with aluminum control arms. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I assume right hand if he was on an oval. RH Steering Knuckle - 2005-2011 Cobalt HHR G5 Ion (19303852) or (25836293)

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
I would imagine they're plentiful on ebay, as well. It's not a part that really goes bad unless you run that corner of the car into something.

Just make sure it isn't off an '08-'10 SS/TC Cobalt - those are the only one with unique knuckles (the control arm is different too).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. I should of said it was the passenger side. I just took it for granted that everyone would know. Yes there are plenty on the net but a little too pricey. We need it for this weekend so we are headed to the local pull a part this afternoon and was hoping to find another aluminum one. There are only 5 cobalts on the yard right now so pickens might be slim. 07 is the newest one they have.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If there's 5 in the yard you should have a really good chance of finding one

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Cobalt, g5, ion, and hhr should all work as well

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I believe they're all cast aluminium.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
I believe they're all cast aluminium.
They're all the same to my knowledge (except the SS/TC as I mentioned before).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There'll all aluminum from what we saw. I didn't know. We had played with the camber a little when we first got the car and I guess I didn't pay attention to that. Found what we needed right away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.