Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everybody, so I was driving at a couple of nights ago and I started wondering how cool it woulda been if Chevy had made the bowtie on the steering wheel light up, has anyone else thought this?

·
Registered
922 Posts
just a random thought while thinking about the bowtie on the steering... when the airbag deploys... what happens to the center cap on the steering wheel?

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

that would kinda suck to get hit face with that... LOL

·
Registered
61 Posts
im pretty sure the plastic cover just folds out of the way, saw a very long post on this a while back. but if it would glow blue it be the sex.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I doubt they would do this because you would have a light in your face while driving. They already pull you over for having dome lights and neons on. Would be cool though. White would accent my interior!

·
Registered
350 Posts
NO!!! Absolutely NOT!! Why have another light shining in your eyes? This will only cause your pupils to shrink and make it harder to see at long distances. I even dim my dash lights to improve my vision on the road.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
NO!!! Absolutely NOT!! Why have another light shining in your eyes? This will only cause your pupils to shrink and make it harder to see at long distances. I even dim my dash lights to improve my vision on the road.
lol @ this guy...

if you really wanna improve your vision down the road get HIDs lol

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have HIDs along with Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors. A BIG improvement over halogens. But still, any extra light up close is still going to hurt your distance vision. Doesn't matter how bright your headlights are.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^agreed, in that case just put a glow in the dark sticker over it!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What do you guys think about this dome light. I installed it as a conversation piece for the girls. It's a regular dome light if you turn it on but if you flick it off and on again, it becomes a color light show that goes to the beat of the music. This music was on radio.

Dome light pictures by Coby007 - Photobucket

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Steering wheel center cap Bowtie

Whats up everybody, so I was driving at a couple of nights ago and I started wondering how cool it woulda been if Chevy had made the bowtie on the steering wheel light up, has anyone else thought this?
09Cobaltltsport you should design and market your idea.U might make millions$$$$$$$.

By the way when airbag blows steering cover rips from top to bottom, so that cap folds downward in and accident. Airbag comes out from top of cover about an inch from top edge.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i might try this....

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
09Cobaltltsport you should design and market your idea.U might make millions$$$$$$$.

By the way when airbag blows steering cover rips from top to bottom, so that cap folds downward in and accident. Airbag comes out from top of cover about an inch from top edge.
Airbags deployed, passenger compartment in tact | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The 07+ airbag is designed to break around the emblem.

The 05-06 appears to be similar: http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q27/Jrhdpaintball/crashinside.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Passenger in first picture must have been wearing glasses by the looks of the blood on the seat.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I have HIDs along with Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors. A BIG improvement over halogens. But still, any extra light up close is still going to hurt your distance vision. Doesn't matter how bright your headlights are.
LOL.

with my three glowshift gauges on my side pillar, blue blackcatcustoms LED kit for my regular gauges and my clarion double din, I see just fine at night with my properly-aimed TRS custom retrofits :p

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.