Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased an amp and I looked all around the forums here but I could not answer this question. Where do i connent the rca cables for my amp on my stock head unit because it has no rca connectors in the back. any pictures of how someone did theirs would be great. thanks again.

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that already but I dont quite understand what it is talking about especially with connecting what to the rear speakers? also it did not mention anything about rca's which is why i am confused.

·
Registered
498 Posts
You have to buy a down converter. The down converter has wires on one end that you use to tie into your rear speaker wires and the other end for RCA jacks that go from there to your amp. I can send pics tomorrow if you still need them.

·
Registered
931 Posts
i just bought one today 27 bucks at best buy

·
Registered
248 Posts
hey man take the converter back and get the EXACT same one at ebay, just bought mine for 10 bucks and free shipping.

idk about the rear speakers but u have to do it, best buy dude said so

then u connect the some other wires....i'll have to take a second look to be sure though.

the link to the how to install head unit is exactly what you need...follow it

·
Registered
126 Posts
I tapped into the rear speakers with a Line Out Converter, the converter should have the spot to plug in the rca's...the other end of the rca's go to the amp......I canth remember which colors are which...maybe someone else will know....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.