Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fighting alternator whine in my cobalt and wondering where yours grounds are for you headunit and any amps you have. I have everything grounded to the factory location and cant seem to get rid of the alternator whine.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
You shouldn't really get much alternator whine, especially considering the battery is in the back of the car. Most of the time, the whine is caused by running the RCAs and power cables in parallel next to each other.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You shouldn't really get much alternator whine, especially considering the battery is in the back of the car. Most of the time, the whine is caused by running the RCAs and power cables in parallel next to each other.
I have tried running new rcas outside the car and still have whine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So after moving my headunit ground from the battery to the same place my amps are grounded and grounded my rcas at the headunit I have decreased alternator whine significantly but there is still a little bit I want to get rid. But now there is a constant buzz sound that not matter if my alternator is on or my car is being revved stays the same volume. How do I fix this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I grounded the head unit to the metal bar behind the head unit and it got rid of the buzzing . There is just a little bit of whine left that I can fix by turning down my gains. I would like to completely remove it. But I ran into another problem. When I install my Clarion eqs746 I did terrible whine. Has the eq gone bad? I also went to best buy and bought a ground loop isolator just for kicks. Where Should I install this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.