Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i have maybe a silly question. i'm thinking about installing aftermarket speakers in my doors and rear deck. do i need to buy an amp to push these or can i just leave it? in case you don't know i have a 2007 sedan ls. any help would be great.

thank you!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
it'd be suggested if thats all you were going to do and never planned on getting a sub. but thats just for more bass. you can be fine w/out an amp as long as the speakers dont have a high RMS

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You'll be fine without an amp. And even if you get a sub depending on wha speakers you have you wont need an amp. My buddy has aftermarket pioneers with no amp, and a kicker l5 with a 750 watt amp, and the speakers are doing fine without an amp.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i already have a sub and an amp. i was just wondering if i needed to get another one for the aftermarket speakers. but if i don't then COOL! i have thinking about getting some Sony 4 way speakers. i can't wait for them....

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
are you using the stock deck? cuz 4way speakers require a lot more juice than the stock speakers get and more than what the stock stereo puts ou

·
Registered
6 Posts
I myself like a good clean sound well balanced sound and i would spring the extra 150 bucks and buy some thing that you will never regret doing.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you using the stock deck? cuz 4way speakers require a lot more juice than the stock speakers get and more than what the stock stereo puts ou
no i have an aftermarket stereo

I myself like a good clean sound well balanced sound and i would spring the extra 150 bucks and buy some thing that you will never regret doing.
yeah i feel the same way. it's just about always worth the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.