Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as my car sits at school this semester as i do my auto body project; well it has turned into project cobalt for the next 3 months, so i decided to attempt to tint my windows with the help of a friend.

we took the drivers side window out and did the rear window in the car.
heres 2 pictures. we didnt make the work in progress pictures, but the finish product. :twothumbs

iPhone

little fuzzy

Hope ya guys like.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
looks real good. is it hard to remove the window? do you have to use a heat gun to apply the tint? or use the wet method

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
you know.. i never quite figured out how shops tint our back window to perfection? do they take them out or are they like just that amazing?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
water method lol. and the window slides right out, if you undo the bolts that hold the window to the clips and take the weather strips out.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Very nice...
I would never trust myself to do window tinting lol
It would turn out pretty horrible to be honest :p

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im pretty sure they do it with a heatgun and shrink it or something lol. our cars are just hard because its a huge back window. anything that had a hatch style car could easily do it by taking off the hatch.

im pretty sure with ours it just takes a lot of water and the precision to slide 2 pieces of tint together seeing as if there is no piece of tint as big as a back window. so youre guess is as good as mine lol

·
Registered
931 Posts
im pretty sure with ours it just takes a lot of water and the precision to slide 2 pieces of tint together seeing as if there is no piece of tint as big as a back window. so youre guess is as good as mine lol
They do make one sheet of tint that fits the rear window. My friend works at the local performance shop and he does window tinting every day. He said they do all of their rear windows in one sheet. They guarantee it to be one sheet rear actually. All of the other windows are easy.

As far as your tint job it looks good. What % did you use on it? Looks like 25% or 35% from what I can tell.

·
Registered
39 Posts
they did mine with one piece and it looks great they put the tint on the outside of the window and size it up to the inside then install it it is pretty amazing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.