Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week i bought a set of front and rear bowties off ebay with plans to paint them black. i didn't want to paint my stocks in fear that i may not like the turn out so back-ups were a must. anyway, i got one in the mail today [the rear, which came with the "cobalt" letters] and as i was prying it apart and finally painting it i thought of an idea that at the time seemed kinda different and i wanted to get some opinions. here's a pic...

nothing is glued together yet but still, yay or nay? i figured i could debadge the "cobalt ls" that's on there now and just go with that bowtie instead. thoughts?

·
Registered
117 Posts
i thinks its kick ass! i love it!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hell yeah, just line it up straight and you're good to roll. Nice idea, never seen it done before. Now is that the front or back bowtie?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the comments! at first i wasn't too sure but now the more i look at it sitting here the more i like it. also, it's the rear bowtie, the front should be here any day now. i have some spare headlights on the way as well. i'm going to paint those black too :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
thanks for the comments! at first i wasn't too sure but now the more i look at it sitting here the more i like it. also, it's the rear bowtie, the front should be here any day now. i have some spare headlights on the way as well. i'm going to paint those black too :)
I'd think about doing that to mine, but I don't think it'd fit on the front bowtie and I like having my trunk debadged.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I always thought the rear bowtie was too big, but throw some letters in there and that's not bad.

hmmmm.........I wonder if I paint mine red and place the SS on the bowtie.............

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yea I did that exact same thing to mine but it didn't turn out well with the glue I used. I recommend that you do no use 3M badge adhesive. Instead I would use something like hot glue that any extra is easily removed.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the advice biniecki. i'll definately keep that in mind if i do decide to keep it that way. if anything, would double-sided tape work? also, it doesn't quite fit on the front. i got curious and went out and checked haha...

PS-don't mind the filthy car :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah, I think the lettering is too big for the front bowtie.

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol i'm glad you all like the idea :D

the only double-sided tape i could find looks a little foamy and i searched everywhere so i'll have to go with that and see how well it holds up.

·
Registered
136 Posts
lol i'm glad you all like the idea :D

the only double-sided tape i could find looks a little foamy and i searched everywhere so i'll have to go with that and see how well it holds up.
Let me know because I want to put the lettering back on my trunk....spaced out like "C O B A L T" above my trunk's keyhole.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
will do! btw, sweet idea! i thought about that as well but i didn't think a sedan could pull it off quite like a coupe could.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.