Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here is my new to me cobalt. '05 base 5 spd. already started the customization with the wheels. next on the list is to lose about 2" and make it sound a little better inside and out. stock stereo and exhaust is not pleasing my ears at all. well here she is.......

·
Registered
803 Posts
nice dog, and good looking car..

start reading and if you have any questions feel free to ask! we are all here to help, and welcome to the forums!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the wheels comment since they were nasty as hell when i bought them off of craigslist. But after 3 days of sanding the gooey paint off, they turned out ok. I should have cleared them though. The rattle can job probably wont last through a tire change.

I do have a question of what mufflers have a nice deep tone, not the straight through crackly shit sound that too many cars have. I am just doing the muffler and will add the custom bend piping down the road.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I got a high flow muffler put on the SS piping from a local shop, he called it a turbo type muffler. Turns heads for sure and is really quiet at idle.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Welcome to YC!

I'd recommend Plasti-Dip for the wheels if the stuff you sprayed on starts coming off.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw a thrush turbo type for like $30 and all the flowmaster and what not are like $50-60. I have heard them on v8's and they are pretty crackly. I might try one for $35 and if i don't like it, i'll throw it on the '98 z24 before i sell it. Lol. Nothing is interchangable between those right? The z24 ld9 and the ecotech 2.2? I see the 2.4l intake swap and would swap before i sell if it would work.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Welcome!!!! a friend of mine has just a magnaflow muffler on and its not bad. Not sure on what series magnaflow he had though. My buddy has a cherry bomb turbo muffler on his hhr and it sounds descent too.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Welcome. Im rocking the yellow too so if you want to see what your future mods will look like, just browse threw my showoff thread and see if i've done it yet :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just one more for the hell of it. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.