Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
came across this 14.6 cobalt LS(for those guys who didnt think the LS could go fast), and when he goes for a second pass down the track with a mustang, he loses it!

·
Registered
673 Posts
I never can get vids to embed here either.

The title of this thread should be "this is what happens when you spray on the launch. Rule #1 of using nitrous is "do not spray on the launch". Rule #2 of nitrous is "do not spray on the launch".

Nitrous is perfectly safe if you aren't stupid.

·
Registered
594 Posts
thats the problem though people are dumb with NOS or the their car in general,I see it almost every day with kids with any of their honda civic vtakk

·
Registered
136 Posts
That's Dan, he's a good guy. I bought his strut bar since he converted his 2.2 to a drag car with a 1450hp engine.

·
Registered
594 Posts
if he would of switched the manifold,then it wouldn't of happened or would it of just blown up either way with a different manifold?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yea...i believe he had it wired to a window switch

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not to blow my own horn, but before my Balt, I had a 98 Kia Sephia with a 1.8 engine and NOS and I was running in the low 11's. Truth be told, after a year blew a hole in the block...but it was a fun year.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Not to blow my own horn, but before my Balt, I had a 98 Kia Sephia with a 1.8 engine and NOS and I was running in the low 11's. Truth be told, after a year blew a hole in the block...but it was a fun year.
Well of course your not blowing your own horn. If you were i see no reason to get on the computer lol:D

·
Registered
673 Posts
yea...i believe he had it wired to a window switch
OBVIOUSLY wired incorrectly if he did, or set wrong.

It hardly matters when you spray from a dig off the line. You dont really want to risk it until higher RPM's
exactly! If you spray below about 3k RPMs the air velocity in the intake is not enough to keep the nitrous in suspension so it falls and puddles in the manifold. Then it goes BOOM!!!!!

if he would of switched the manifold,then it wouldn't of happened or would it of just blown up either way with a different manifold?
It wouldn't have mattered. Maybe it wouldn't have destroyed the manifold but it still would have caused catastrophic damage.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OBVIOUSLY wired incorrectly if he did, or set wrong.

exactly! If you spray below about 3k RPMs the air velocity in the intake is not enough to keep the nitrous in suspension so it falls and puddles in the manifold. Then it goes BOOM!!!!!

It wouldn't have mattered. Maybe it wouldn't have destroyed the manifold but it still would have caused catastrophic damage.
IMA, the nitrous man, on Yourcobalt.com! If i ever do nitrous, i am coming to see you!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Where does it all come from? Do you have a ride with some ridiculous shot of nitrous? Or just alot of trial and error like the rest of us lol.
Myself and my two best friends have a LS1 Camaro that we race competitively with. It has a dual stage direct port set up running a 150 shot on the first stage and a 300 shot the second. Honestly though it was a lot of trial and error and some help from some gurus along the way. I've done installs on the Camaro, a GSX eclipse, a WRX, a Mustang Cobra, and Impalla SS. I will probably do a 50 shot on my Cobalt when I start getting bored with stage 2.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.