Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
This is a real pain. It has screwed up a lot of the DIY threads. Honestly I can't go back and fix all of these, I have over 5000 images posted here. Way to go Photobucket!!!!! Greed.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Im soo sorry Coby7. Is there anything the community can do to help?

Would the admins hear allow you the space?
Your posts have been a major reason many on yourcobalt return!

·
Administrator
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have the space to accommodate any images you want to host here with the Gallery, Garage, or direct posting with the Attachment Manager. Once hosted here, they wont be going anywhere.

If there is anything we can do to help, let us know!

- JB

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Tutorial?

·
Administrator
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey there,

Are you looking for a tutorial on the process of uploading images to the site using the attachment manager?
We can create a sticky thread for this, that way members who are not familiar with the process can check it out.

What do you guys think?

Richard.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Please do.
The only way I have found is to load the image into the galllery, then link from there.
On my Ipad, thats the only option I have found.
I wish the insert image php script in a thread post had the same insert image interface as in the gallery.

·
Administrator
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tutorial on process of uploading images to the site using Attachment manager:

This is done individually when you want to upload your image(s) within a post or new thread. For reply post - select the Go Advanced editor option and use the attachment tool (paperclip icon) which will open up a small window that says "Manage Attachments." Here you can Choose File (if saved locally on your device) or Upload File from a URL (if you migrated your images to another hosting site) > then select Upload.

cobaltattach.jpg

It'll then appear below a new section that says "Current Attachments" which the size file indicated. If you change you mind about the image(s) you uploaded, you can always remove it/them. When you're satisfied with what you've uploaded, you can Close this Window (top right corner).

cobaltattachh.jpg

Now, back in editor mode, select the downward arrow next to the paperclip and a drop down menu will appear. It'll show all the image/file you uploaded. If there are multiple and you want to upload them all in that post, simply select 'insert all'. Once you selected it, it'll appear in the white text box as [ATTACH ]XXXX[ /ATTACH] x's being #s then you can Preview Post to see how it'll appear and make any necessary changes if needed, then select Submit Reply.

cobaltattachhh.jpg

Follow the same steps if you are creating a new thread, you are already in the 'Go Advanced' option and will see the paperclip 'attachment' tool in your row of functions above your text box.

Then, if you go to your User CP (top right corner) > left side, under Miscellaneous - Attachments > You will see your list of attachments.
---------------

How's that for the sticky? Let us know if there's anything that could be clarified or any confusion and we can turn this into a sticky.

Thanks guys,
Natalie :)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Upload Errors
2017-05-29 17.17.20.jpg:
Your file of 2.61 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 97.7 KB for this filetype.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Shit - looks like the badges were hosted on Photobucket...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
no attachment thing on my laptop either haha guess i just can't post pictures anymore

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

also, apparently i need to delete my signature pic haha

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

but yeah on my phone i cant even get advanced options haha, had to take like 5 steps to even post this... theres gotta be a better way

·
Administrator
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For some reason, the ability to attach files directly to threads was turned off for regular users. Fixed that.

Also checked the limits on attachments, and the ones for images were set pretty low, so I gave those a boost.

Give the tutorial another go

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
could also use IMGUR to host your pics, hopefully they won't go the way of photobucket

·
Administrator
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You should be able to attach images now. there was a setting that was turned off for a certain usergroup you're in.

Lee

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

Shit - looks like the badges were hosted on Photobucket...
were these made by us?

Lee

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
still can't do it.. it actually says right at the bottom of the page in that posting rules box that i can't post attachments. also, apparently the pictures ive tried posting through my google account don't show up for anybody but me so i guess i have no way of posting pics right now haha

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.