Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Cobalt XFE is beginning to drive me insane with this annoying and persistent rattling / vibration that seems to be coming from the glove box area...Nothing in the glove box is causing this noise, but something seems to be loose near that part of the dashboard & I can't figure out what it is....Any ideas from anyone that may have experienced this problem ? The car gets great MPG and I like it a lot, save for this noise which is making me crazy since I drive this car 115 miles every day !

·
Registered
183 Posts
this guy has the best answer ever!
any noise you here just up the music!
umm but mine dose that near the stearing wheel lol
any ideas?
ive just turend up the music and let it rock but just curios

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I have to go thru the car every time the kids go somewhere with me. They leave coins and toys everywhere that drive me nuts when they rattle. Aside from that, I don't have any rattles yet.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine's in the steering column, I take it in about every 9 months and they "fix" it (and I'll continue to do so until the warranty runs out). They told me Chevy never redesigned the rattling part, so it's just getting replaced with the same part each time.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Welcome to driving a Cobalt for more than a month from the day you bought it new.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You want to be worried when all those disappear.

If you're under warranty, just take it in and tell 'em where the noises are.

If not well: "If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40".

I'm curious if anyone else has the steering wheel rattle under mild acceleration under 20mph. I'm thinking warped disc brakes on that one.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You want to be worried when all those disappear.

If you're under warranty, just take it in and tell 'em where the noises are.

If not well: "If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40".

I'm curious if anyone else has the steering wheel rattle under mild acceleration under 20mph. I'm thinking warped disc brakes on that one.
Steering rattle is usually the intermediate shaft.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
My 2010 Cobalt XFE is beginning to drive me insane with this annoying and persistent rattling / vibration that seems to be coming from the glove box area...Nothing in the glove box is causing this noise, but something seems to be loose near that part of the dashboard & I can't figure out what it is....Any ideas from anyone that may have experienced this problem ? The car gets great MPG and I like it a lot, save for this noise which is making me crazy since I drive this car 115 miles every day !
you could always try putting dynamat behind the panels

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.