Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buell Motorcycle Company announced today that they are officially ending production of the only American made sport bikes. Another victim of the bad economy and the general lack of pride in American vehicles that today's society shows. It is a shame that the only option to an Asian made sport bike are the European models, which are very good, but the dealerships are few and far between.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea the looks did have to grow on you. However the Japanese are copying many of the aspect of the XB Buells. And you can go to ANY small town in America and get it worked on, unlike many imported bikes.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I am not surprised one bit. They should have know this was coming. They have been losing ground to Suzuki and Kawasaki for years.

I do not believe that there is n way they could keep up with the 'Busa with so much Japanese tech coming from the US

·
Registered
575 Posts
Would have happened wether the economy went down the tubes or not....the bikes were ugly as hell and weren't fast at all compared to the rest of their class

·
Registered
273 Posts
I once toured the harley plant where they made some parts for that and other bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buell owners didnt buy them to compete with the Busas, they bought them for same reason Harley woners do, pride in the country. I knew I would never win a race against even a 600 CC Jap bike. But as mentioned earlier, I can go ANYWHERE in this country and get it worked on, and be welcomed in the shop. Plus it has a real cool sound. But for 20 plus years they did have a really good run so to speak, what is sad though is that out of the 125,000 plus units made over 60 percent were sold new in Europe, also where all the afgtermarket parts are made for them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.