Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK like many people out there spending $200 on a intake is crazy. so I made my own. Used a AEM intake off my 1990 accord that just stop running on Xmas day:mad:And a intake 90 elbow from pepboys.(I know getto). Took the lower resonator out and used the stock box(with K&N filter). It sound really deep(not ricey) and I can def. see a improvement in throttle responce.I will post pics when I figure out how LOL.:D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
OK like many people out there spending $200 on a intake is crazy. so I made my own. Used a AEM intake off my 1990 accord that just stop running on Xmas day:mad:And a intake 90 elbow from pepboys.(I know getto). Took the lower resonator out and used the stock box(with K&N filter). It sound really deep(not ricey) and I can def. see a improvement in throttle responce.I will post pics when I figure out how LOL.:D
so i am the only 'balter here that has a TOTALLY custom intake still.......:eek:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
if u ask me i think the $200 was well worth it then again an ex girlfriend got it for me

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Well then krazy lets see your homeade intake! And yes, my sig pwns. Photoshop FTW.
only cause i made it!!!!:p

i will get a pic of the current intake on the weekend, it looks awful, but we found a perfect maf tube from a brand new ford f-series truck that will fit my maf sensor, so, it's fab time!

·
Registered
84 Posts
i made a custom intake for my 2.2 but dont use it anymore after buying a K&N intake would any one of you guys be willing to buy it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My brother is looking for a for his cobalt. Tll talk to him. How much you tring to get for it? O ya I made mine for less then $20.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Okay this is exactly what I want to do... So is that thing going on the throttle body just a resonator???

Snake890217 added 4 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Also I need any sort of help I basically want to get rid of that huge thing. So tubing dia. and length and stuff appreciated. Preferably stuff I can get at the hardware store or Strauss for like $20.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it goes on the tb just like a intake but you are going to need a intake tube that will work.Pm me if you need more help

·
Registered
102 Posts
It seems like a lot of people are making their own intakes instead of spending a lot of money on one. I too had a accord and had the intake left over when I sold mine and I did the same thing to my 07 LS.
It makes a really big difference in throttle responce.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.