Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone ever build a custom LED circuit for the taillights? i really don't like any aftermarket taillights that are out right now. i liked how the tail lights stealthy1ss made out of passat tails but i would like to have some made for the inner ones too. i know people have talked about it before but i would like to switch my inner ones to be the blinkers; to look something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVBH69VXT1Y

would anyone know the dimensions of the inside of our taillights?

·
Registered
611 Posts
the link doesn't work

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one way or another, i will get my tail lights to do that.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

does anyone know of a person or place than would be willing to help me out with this project? i will pay of course. thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
one way or another, i will get my tail lights to do that.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

does anyone know of a person or place than would be willing to help me out with this project? i will pay of course. thanks
I would ask camopaint0707

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah looks sick

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
camo do you know how to do this mod??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well it looks like i'm going to have to do this on my own. I will probably use stealthy1ss' method of using b6 passat taillights for the outter ones. for the inner rings, that is easy and can do it myself. as for the blinker/reverse lights, i found a premade circuit board that i will be ordering as soon as i get a reply from the website i found them on. they are 2.5 inches and that should be a perfect fit for the inner white circle.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
I could make the inner rings taillights and then idk how you'd make the center part flash as the turn signal unless you rewired the reverse light to the turn signals and used a red bulb. That is the only way I'd see how thats possible

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i'm going to have to rewire them to make it work but thats the least of my problems. i just want to be satisfied with the turn out. i will probably start ordering the things i need this week. just waiting for a website to reply to my question

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.