Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another search adventure this time being a 2013 Kia Forte. Last was the Chevy Sonic and Hyundai Accent which both were fun to drive. For those who own one is the 2.4 SX worth the upgrade over my 2.2. I also thought at first the 2.0 in the LX/EX for better mpg but the 2.4's intriguing.

I'm actually into the sedan SX over the Koupe and not interested in the new 2014 sorry lol.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I've heard good things about that ride. Keep us up to date on your findings and decisions. Surprised at how good/ far companies like Kia and Hyndai have brought their junk econoboxes to the fore front of automotive competition.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Friend has a 2012 forte koup. Its way nicer than any non ss or higher cobalt. They're cheap and hes gets above what the sticker says for mpg by about 4-5 mpg. The sedans should be comparable to the koup's

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I test drove the sedan and koup. I almost went for the Koup, kind of happy I do not get it though. Its my own opinion and I look at it like "its still a Kia" and saying what I drive would almost make me ashamed to say it lol. Almost as horrible of a feeling as saying I drive a toyota. Again, just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I test drove the sedan and koup. I almost went for the Koup, kind of happy I do not get it though. Its my own opinion and I look at it like "its still a Kia" and saying what I drive would almost make me ashamed to say it lol. Almost as horrible of a feeling as saying I drive a toyota. Again, just my opinion.
^This.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also read on the Throttle mod on the Fortes to reduce the starting lag by adjusting the screws on the throttle box by the pedal. I'm kinda curious if the Cobalt has a similar setup? But if a custom tune can only solve it, that means no lol. As for the Forte Koup, my only complaint is the rear wheels are too far back, like the Pontiac G6 and the Scion tC for instance. Otherwise ok in some angles.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
100% agreed. Even if I liked them, which I kind of do, every time I see that weird commercial with the hipster hamsters driving through a rainbow spacial vortex, I feel a little weird inside.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Yea, I like the look of some of the Kia's but there is things that makes me not care to have one. Lies from the factory on MPG and often performance and not the good way like GM and others underrate their HP #'s. Than the quality, they have come along way yes but sorry. Take the Veloster Turbo, ohhhhhhh its got 200hp. So what, its still the same crummy suspension and all that. Just half-arsed attempts. And the owners of newer Optima's, what is their deal? Thinking they are high and mighty. I was more than obliged to rape that one guys in this turbo model when they first hit in the balt when he gave me that "haha, I'm better let me ride up on your ass and then attempt do a fly by." FAIL!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.