Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After selling my WRX last year for the $$$....I needed to find a replacement car to drive since my son is taking a car to college. Found a red 2008 Cobalt LS (manual transmission) with 14,000 miles for a steal. So, now I am a proud Cobalt owner, and looking forward to the better gas mileage.

Since we're a bit short on cash (aka college tuition), I won't be able to do too many mods, but have done a few cosmetic things that were essentially free, and fixed the cosmetic problems that came with the car (badges with peeling paint and scratches, etc.). Debadged everything except front bowtie (which got painted black). Recycled the Cobalt lettering in the interior. The center emblem on the steering wheel was dented up, so I removed it and adhesive sprayed a piece of gray scrap leather on a round piece of heavy duty cardboard & 3m taped it in place.

Here's my humble Cobalt....

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hey welcome bud. Whereabouts in Iowa you from, I know some people out there.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Welcome...please take a pic of the steering wheel emblem (or the remains of it) as I'm curious how that looks. I'm not a fan of the interior lettering, but that's just me...once the lettering is off, it should stay off (is my opinion).

Enjoy your car and your stay here.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!!! :)

My stupid steering wheel emblem has knuckle prints in it from the anger of my worthless ex, oh how i want that fixed so bad...i tried takin it out one day but after i got it pulled so far the only thing i saw back there was airbag, which freaked me out, so i left it alone... did u unhook anything? Or did u just pop it out & go... cuz i want it gone, i show my car & that's the ONLY thing that I dont want ppl to see...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome...please take a pic of the steering wheel emblem (or the remains of it) as I'm curious how that looks. I'm not a fan of the interior lettering, but that's just me...once the lettering is off, it should stay off (is my opinion).
I trashed the original emblem already, but you can see a photo of it on ebay.

Those prongs fit through slits in the vinyl and are pushed flat against the airbag. I was hesitant at first with the airbag issue, but just worked very slowly. I used two miniature flat blade screwdrivers to carefully work my way around the edge to pry the thing out. You cannot remove it without bending and scratching it up. My emblem was already so bent up, an edge was sticking up, making it easier to pry it out. With one in good shape, I'm sure it would be more difficult to get started.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.