Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just crashed Rory, I'm so crushed :sad2:

It was 4:30 and I was about 5 minutes from home, driving in what was actually an amazing and beautiful thunderstorm, and to be honest i dont even remember what happened. I looked away for a split second, and the next thing i know im sliding off a wet, and recently tar/graveled, country road, sliding through the grass next to a bean field. I hit the brakes and turned the wheel in a bit to bring it back to the road but in the wet grass i just slid forward. And it would have been ok, but it just so happens that right after i went off, there is a huge hole in the ground for the drain that runs under the road.... I was probably only going about 35 ish when i hit it but it was at least three feet deep and five feet wide. When I hit the hole it bounced me back out into the left side of the road where my car just sat...

I'm pretty much ok, my back hurts from the impact of hitting the hole, and im terribly sad, but other than that no injury. The car on the other hand isnt doing too hot.

As far as I could tell in the pitch black, the radiator and the fans are demolished (coolant was flowing out of the radiator), the front bumper is broke across the bottom, It looked like the front drivers side was sitting low, so maybe suspension damage on the left, but I started it up and drove carefully off to the right side of the road in the grass and it didnt feel like anything was wrong with the axels joints suspension etc. I have to leave for work in an hour and a half so when i get off at two i have to call my insurance company and go look at the car, and im going to try and get it at least back to my house..... i dont even know if my insurance will cover it, all i know is i have comprehensive and collision, with a 500$ deductible, and i cant afford major repairs. I just hope theres nothing else wrong and its not totaled

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sorry about your balt but at least you're not as broken as it!!! your insurance should cover the damage to the car( minus deductible). They are going to want a police report also.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so im going to have to call the police tomorrow too? will it matter that i didnt call them this morning right after it happened?

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

i need to get it looked at, becuase my deductible is 500$ and i know i can buy a radiator and fan assembly for just under 200 shipped, and maybe ill go with a new bumper if it needs replaced im still looking at about 400-500. I just dont know if theres anything else that needs repaired....

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I do not know what the laws are in OH, but here you do not have to call the cops unless the collision involves someone else, or property damage.

Just glad you are ok man.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i went back and looked at it before work (at work now) and i noticed the driver side front fender wasnt sitting flush, nor the front bumper. So i looked in the driver side wheel well and there is a metal beam that looks to run front to back just inside the wheel well, that is bent down slightly like a "v" shape, bc the same area on the passenger side you cant see the beam. Does that mean my frame is bent in the front drivers side?

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
Do you have a picture of said area?

Glad to hear you're okay, sucks to hear it happened though :(

·
Registered
339 Posts
dude nathan what is that serious when did this happen today early in the morning?/ call me fool

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

dude sorry man if ur balt is damaged bro glad ur alright man,???? i jus tried to contact u

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, and unfortunately i dont have pictures, it was still fairly dark and foggy this morning, and the car was off the road in the tall grass, when i get off work im going to pull it on the road to get a better look at it and take photos.

And im at work justin, my phone is off, and yeah it happened very early this morning, when it was dark in a big storm we had, and im alright, my back just hurts

·
Registered
339 Posts
so im taking it this weekend is off than, that sucks man just glad ur doing alright n get that back checked out if its kinda hurting you,, and ill keep my fingers crossed for the balt

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah definitely not bringing the balt down this weekend, sucks ......... I have to call my insurance company and have the car taken in, i dont know if its totaled or not....

·
Registered
339 Posts
true true.. i complete would be falling apart. bc it seems like everyone n their mother are getting wrecked in balts. wtf i think its the cruizes fault haha. but glad ur fine man

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah there have been so many wrecked balts and g5s, its crazy, what makes me mad is if that drainage hole wasnt there there would be NO damage to my car, but that hole probably totaled her.... :( ive already started looking for used balts in case its totaled, even though i know they are cheap, but i love/loved my balt

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys, once i get my pictures uploaded ill post them, I talked to my insurance and im covered, i got an accident report from the sheriff (got a story about that), I managed to drive the balt five minutes back to my house even though i had pretty much no coolant not to mention all the other things broken, and it is being picked up tomorrow and taken to the shop to get an estimate done, hoping for the best. If they can fix it all up then ill just have to go in when its done and pay my deductible and thats it

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.