Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My antenna got whacked in a parking lot. Made things worse when I tried to get the old antenna off ....I broke the bracket that attaches the antenna to the vehicle. The original bracket is pretty flimsy IMO. The replacement bracket looks to be a redesign and seems much sturdier.

Back the old antenna off the base mount then remove the mounting bracket. Access to the bracket mounting screws require folding back the trunk liner. You have to remove a plastic retainer nut that holds the liner in place. Remove the two hex screws and the old bracket. Pull the antenna base, which is part of the bracket assembly, down through the boot or bezel....and disconnect the antenna cable...it just pulls off.

Attach the antenna cable to the new bracket and then position the bracket up through the bezel or boot. Mount the bracket with the two mounting screws. Fold back the liner and screw the plastic liner retainer back on. Screw the new antenna to the base...may want to put some WD40 or some grease of the treads first.

New antenna and base bracket came to about $35. US. Tools: Channel locks and a spanner wrench.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.