Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to get a new antenna mount since mine on the inside broke while trying to take the antenna off to be replaced (rivets came undone) and I got the 15878187. Does anyone know what size thread goes on this? Is it the 7mm or the 6.0mm? It hasn't come in the mail yet to measure it myself.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I believe it is 7mm...

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
I believe 07+ has 7mm and lower is 6mm

Sent from my PG86100

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is an 06. I got a new bracket OEM # 15878187 I need the size of that. The old one doesn't matter. I basically need to verify what size this bracket is since I couldn't tell with the description.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
ok i see, but in that case i don't know what size yours would come in. You would have to find it when you receive it, where did you order it from?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
If you have an OEM number why dont you call the dealership's parts department and ask what size it is?

·
Registered
675 Posts
If you have an OEM number why dont you call the dealership's parts department and ask what size it is?
yeah i agree, thats probably the best way to find out...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. I was just wondering if anyone could answer it quickly. But I will give them a call in the morning

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Problem is we dont know the part just by the number. Maybe you can google the scematic of that specific part number?!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
So if it is OEM straight from GM for your 06 and Bronx said it was a 6mm on those then he is probably right.

·
Registered
675 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the scoop from GM.
If you are replacing the assy for the antenna, they only sell the 7mm. You are required to upgrade from the 6mm to the 7mm.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
in that case get the 7mm shorty antenna modernperformance.com is a site for it. There's more but that's where i got mine

·
Registered
25 Posts
Halfway through 2006 there were a couple changes to the Cobalt to include the 7mm antenna. There is someone makeing a shorty for the earlier than 6 of 06 now, I cannot remember who though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.