Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm still looking for an OEM antenna to play with but for now this is what I came up with. It's a little rubber cap thing I found today while going threw the basement in my boredom. It just fits on snug, I wrapped a piece of electrical tape on the stub left from the antenna, and it stays on in highway winds, but give it a good tug and gone. lol But if it goes missing no big deal it was free. I don't hope to have to keep it on tooo long, my radio sucks now but I usually have my iPod anyway.

Let me know what you think...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I like it alot

·
Registered
142 Posts
that thing is so short, it looks like a switch for your trunk lol, i like it tho

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Definitally

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
you know, i really like this i just wish it was functional. I went in the trunk and played around with the wire and got the signal to be decent but it's still fuzzy.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
You could try getting an antenna off a honda element like i did. Since its a male antenna you have to cut it off then drill and tap it to fit.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I ordered a stubby antenna from Cobalt Addiction, cost like 34 bucks shipped and it looks great, six inches long and black.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
see thats the thing. to me, I'd rather have my normal antenna for free, than a $34 short one. It just doesn't seem worth $34 to me.

·
Banned
384 Posts
what happened to your first one?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ebay..................... antennax.com chevy 13" eurostlye antenna.....10$ plus shipping

perfect fit, comes with multiple adapters.....non needed.

·
Registered
318 Posts
stock antennas stick out like a sore thumb, but I'm one of those freaks that loves to listen to the radio, so can't do nothing with it. Wonder if there is a way to re-route it to run along the A-column?

·
Banned
384 Posts
your original antenna?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Ebay..................... antennax.com chevy 13" eurostlye antenna.....10$ plus shipping

perfect fit, comes with multiple adapters.....non needed.

Car looks great... nice antenna ....love the rims

·
Registered
485 Posts
the original is sitting in my room, I don't want to screw with it until I have a backup.
It's really not hard at all. Just take electrical tape, mark the height you want, and cut it with a dremel. Then you get these little rubber cap things from Lowes (forget what they're called, cost .96 for 5 of them) put that on the end, and put the antenna back on the car. Took me about 10 minutes to do

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.