Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in replacing my current stock exhaust on a 2010 4-door LT. Are there any options that are not really loud? I would rather have something somewhat low-key considering the car, as is, is not particularly fast. Not trying to announce to the world my entrance every where I go.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
97 Posts
DO not get Ebay exhuast. They r loud. LOL. Im living with it. For now.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Borla may be good. Had one on my Focus, loved it. Deep n throaty.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Short answer, no. I had good luck keeping quiet when I was running on just the header, a little louder when I added the SS/SC exhaust, and it got really loud when I replaced the dp. I would say if you want to keep quiet, keep the stock down pipe with whatever you do. IMO

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Welcome!

You could always just replace your muffler and get a nice tip on it if you're just going for a cosmetic upgrade. You won't be screaming down the highway with that.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
If it simply to replace the huge stock one. Find a muffler that's smaller that you like the look of from any car and have it welded on at a shop. If you want a little noise but not raspy and whatnot. Magnaflow is your best bet I think

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate the suggestions. I'm going to tentatively look at cat back systems. But I'll probably start elsewhere first (maybe intake and headers, assuming there are aftermarket headers that fit with the stock setup).

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
There's plenty headers that fit the stock setup......unless of course you have secondary air injection, which is always a possibility since you have a 2010

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's plenty headers that fit the stock setup......unless of course you have secondary air injection, which is always a possibility since you have a 2010
Uh-oh. What is the SAI? Google images shows the intake thing (which ive seen in the intake thread) and then also a part that looks like it came from part of the exhaust. Is it the second thing you are referring to?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
yea its the little pipe on the stock intake box. That leads to exhaust manifold where it connects. i have one also sadly.

·
Registered
210 Posts
autozone thrush turbo muffler for $30. get a little louder, a little deeper and doesn't break the bank. toss on a tip and its cheaper than anything but the shitty straight through coffee cans. i just did it to replace the bad stock one and it isn't horrible. the one i got off the shelf is pretty damn small though. had to put about a 6" pipe to make get it close to where it should be. but i also have a welder and welded it myself.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I would suggest either the borla catback or the GMPP, their pricey, but very low toned and the borla has a nice downshift throaty sound :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.