Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a lot on my car over the years, I have not done anything internal to the vehicle. Quite honestly that scares me a bit with it being my daily and I work 6 days a week. Its close thankfully but I need to get this done asap. I have read multiple posts about doing this but was wondering if anyone could help me in more detail. If someone in sw va / ne tn area would be kind enough to teach me some things in person that would be great! But I'll remain being optimistic.

I was going to change my oil when i noticed it.
milky top oil cap and top of dip stick very cold weather recently, I don't have a garage or a lot of tools so anything to help me confirm I will be okay to engage this on my own (or with a buddy who said he's done 1 bad job once)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
@Coby7 i just read this on a forum '' I have seen this before. I think there are two places on the Ecotec engine where there are some cold spots in the winter - up high in the dipstick tube, and under the oil fill cap. Especially under the oil fill cap since its located at the top of an additional plastic "riser" to locate it above the plastic engine cover. Probably takes a long time to burn off any condensation that gets up there.''
its been as low as 10 in the morning and i do drive short trips the oil itself is not milky but the very top of the dipstick is way above the oil level, I hope your still on here I'm sure you know if this is a possibility before I overreact.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.