Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dug up some old speakers and an ancient amp. I hooked them up to my computer and they still sounded fantastic, the bass was particularly rich sounding. I had an idea and thought about sticking them in my car. I have a 2010 cobalt xfe and i was wondering if there was a way to hook up one or two of them to the car and stick them in the trunk. I could probably just remove the subs from the rest of the speakers and make a standalone box for them. I'm pretty new to anything related to cars so i thought it would be best to run it through here first. Is this possible? If so, what would i need to do? thanks for the help.

Amp and speaker. pretty beast speakers. second one not shown, pretty much identical.

thats all there is to the back of the speaker, sorry for the bad quality. im terrible at iphone photography.

heres the back of the amp thats probably as old as me, still works though, gotta give it props for that.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
it's possible but I wouldn't bother

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
For the amp you would need a converter wired up to your car, not worth the hassle, weight and heat buildup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.