Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Cobalt LT Coupe with 45k miles on it.. It has the 2.2L Engine. Anyhow ever since i bought it a year ago ive noticed its throttle delay, If i give it some gas, it hesitates then after a second or two my RPM's kick it. That's not really what scares me though.

Every once in a while, my car accelerates without any reason. Even if im braking, sometimes i would get random RPM punches.

Today however, it happened a few times, which is a lot considering this happens maybe once or twice a month.

I was braking towards a red light and as i was down to about an engine idol and going about 5-10 mph, my RPM's kicked in at about 3.5k and i had to brake hard from not hitting the car infront of me, scared the shit out of me.

Any known cause of this?
Would a bad spark plug cause a random misfire like that?

·
Registered
141 Posts
take off your throttle body and clean it very well and see if that fixes it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so, i detailed the throttle body using a kit from Gumout, also it came with a fuel injection cleaner fuel additive and i used it with Super Unleaded, and its still doing it, just a bit less jerky.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

and after using the kit, my car had trouble starting for the next two or so days, I imagine from the cleaner still lingering in the engine?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.