Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a amp & sub. I need help for ajusting the stock head unit bass, treble, and volume, ect. and for ajusting the bass booster thing that connects to the amp. someone said to keep head unit levels at its lowest and increase the amp and bass booster up.

what should i do, and what is yours set too??

i'm not really asking how to ajust the amp but the stereos bass treble ect bcuz right now it's to "rough" sounding sometimes or just bad sounding, i dont really know how to explain....

if u do know how to ajust the amp plz help too

thanks, Chris

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Do you have the Premium Sound in yours or regular? If you have the premium, your sub (for the premium) runs off the rear speaker inputs, so to adjust that properly, you will need to turn the bass down a little bit on the speakers, turn the treble up a bit, and adjust your amp to fit the rest.

Now, for adjusting your amp, here is my question. Is your sub distorting?? If so, then you have too much bass input to the amp, and that will be fixed with turning your bass down. If you are looking for more volume with clarity from the sub, turn the bass down a little more on the H/U and turn the radio up to the volume you usually listen to your radio at, then turn the gain up a little bit, and add your bass boost a little for the extra little bit of bass. I would adjust your crossover on your amp to be roughly around 80hz-100hz, as that is a good point for aftermarket subs to be put at for the all around sound. From there you can adjust your amp's tuning better and get the overall sound you are looking for.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ima copy and paste this and print it out bcuz without looking at the amp i have no clue what ur talking about lol but once i take a look i'll now.

i have this pink paper that came with the sub and it shows what to ajust the amp to, but it isnt exact. for example- it says between 6 and 10. so thats what i was also trying to get right, but as of now it is at "6" out of 10.

btw...those numbers were just made up.

ima respond back in around an hour and say if it helps

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Ive always just run like 0 bass out of the speakers and cranked the subs. you really have to tune each set up differently though because nothing's the same

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Ive always just run like 0 bass out of the speakers and cranked the subs. you really have to tune each set up differently though because nothing's the same
x2 except, i usually put the base at +3 but reguardless. its usually how you like to hear it. yea, there are right and wrong ways to set it up, but get it in the general area and then make it like you want it.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
i messaged you with an answer to this after u asked me, you gonn a post a thread for evry question? guess you didnt like my answer enough...oh well.

·
Registered
277 Posts
the preferre option here is just to purchase an aftermarket head unit, you cant do anyting with the stock head unit for adjustment, w/e u have your subs set to, it what you get. I have a Pioneer double din P4000dvd hea unit and it has every option possible for audio setup. my best answer: purchase an aftermarket, if your gonna beat with the big dawgs, you gotta buy like the big dawgs. XD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.