Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see my customers have wrapped vehicles all the time. Some look amazing, so good it would fool you to think it’s a genuine paint job. Others, not so good. Maybe due to the initial application. Some are faded in a short amount of time.

But the thing is, if you are somewhat handy, I believe you can install the stuff yourself. At least I’m willing to try. I’ve had a few fellow mechanics wrap their own cars are have done very nice jobs. Mainly because they’ve done a section at a time and taken plenty of time to mess with it instead of doing a rush job.

Also there are application products that make things easier. I remember someone telling me about a product that makes the vinyl application much easier. One being Rapid Tac that seems to be very popular with installers.

Anyway I don’t know if I want to spend $2000 on the Cobalt to get it painted. I do however think I may try doing the hood and roof as they are the worst as far as the clear coat going back. The roof actually has no clear, just semi gloss paint as of now after I cleaned all the failing clear off. I used to be pretty good at making vinyl decals back before wraps were a thing. I’d hand cut everything. Areas like the bumpers are probably the most challenging. I may order some cheap-o vinyl first to give it a go. See how that goes first. Then decide if it’s worth it or not. Warmer weather is much better for this process and it’s cooling down a bit. So it may be necessary to manually heat the metal surfaces.

Anyways, do any of you guys have your Cobalt or other vehicles wrapped? Show some pics if so.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts