Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really sure when this problem started, but when I go ehh 50+ mph, the windows make a super annoying noise. It's almost like a buzzing sound but when I took it into the stealership they said it's a normal noise from the road. I honestly don't think that's right so I want to know what you guys think.

·
Registered
441 Posts
all i know is when i got my music up loud sometimes i think im hearing noise from my engine or from the inside of the car...but when i turn it down i hear nothing.. i really think my car likes to mess with me...it freaks me out lol...

but to answer ur question i get a buzzing sound from certain plastic parts on the inside of the car when i drive or vibrantion but i just dont pay any mind to it...to little to bug me

·
Registered
25 Posts
Eh, not knocking Cobalts or anything but they are just cheep cars. One of the cheapest on the market. Especially to LS and LT models. No offense of course. This is my second cobalt and they have only been out for 4 years. ha.Pluss before that I had a 97 Cavi. (another cheep car) So I have been dealing with this for years. But I don't get much road noise in my Cobalt. When I replaced my whole interior I made sure to fit it in tight and even used foam to deaden sound behind panels to keep rattles to a minimal.

As for as the noise you hear it sounds like a window seal. Check those and make sure they are all fitting tight.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

its from the "seal" around the mirrors, thats where the noise is coming from
Yeah that very well could be the problem...

·
Registered
911 Posts
its on the outside actually...there's a gap between the mirror and door if u look...u can actaully push on it and u'll see that it moves...wind gets in behind the it and causes the noise

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

the part closest to the fender I should point out to make it more clearer

·
Registered
911 Posts
also check the rubber on the door down towards the front of the door (towards the hinges) sometimes the rubber gets weak and brittle there and starts to deteriorate around there causing wind noise as well....80% of the time wind noise is from the front of the door compared to the back of the door

·
Registered
911 Posts
I don't notice it much, but I also have a catback so I usually just hear that...but looking uon my car one day I did notice that there is a gap around the front of the mirror that attaches to the door and said to myself " bet that makes some noise", chances are that thats what it is...I'd check there first

·
Registered
35 Posts
My car does this when only one back window is open.....the pressure builds up and its like a banging noise in the car which you can FEEL in your head. lol pretty weird but I was told it was just because of the air pressure in the car.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Check your tire pressure too. My cooper's make a ton of noise when they get into the upper 20's range of the pressure (I have bad valve stems on the passenger side... but since I'm going to be getting new tires anyways, I'm not going to bother to get them fixed for all of the remaining few weeks before I switch to my winters).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.