Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Memorial Day weekend I spent my three days off detailing my balt. I removed the pinstripes and took the bowtie off the back, any place that could fit a Q-tip got cleaned polished or Armorall'ed. Yesterday morning I walked out of the house and found egg on the front bumper, most of it on the ground about a foot in front of the car but a few drops on the roof. Today I come home from work to find the Police parked in my spot, it turns out my next door neighbor had one of his tires slashed last night and he told me that he was egged the night before. He was hit so bad we determined that my being hit was just splatter off of his car (I park right behind him). He gave a name to the Police but won't tell me who he thinks it was because, as he says, he doesn't want me involved. They caught my car in the crossfire, I think I'm already involved.
I'm looking into surveillance systems, something affordable but not like web cam cheap. Anybody have any knowledge on home systems and have any ideas on what I should look for. I've read so far that black and white is better for night detail then color. What's the most frames per second I could go if I was to record for an eight hour stretch? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Honestly yes i know that sucks, but is a security camera really going to catch someone. Most likly you will mount in on your house which would be about 15-20 feet away from your car. And im sure the person egging your car wont be right on top of it, they could be throwing it from like 15-20 feet away. Thats means your camera is going to have to be able to see the face of a person up to 40 feet away from the lens in the dark... I dont think the camera is going to stop anybody. All i could suggest is parking in a garage or far away from your neighbor. And all someone needs to do is put a hat/mask/hood/etc. on and that camera isnt going to do anything to them.

You could look into a system that has a motion detector thaty turns on a light and alerts you in your house somehow. Also i think the viper alarms a certain one comes with a 2 way pager, that will beep and alert you if you car has been hit.(being the egg was thrown hard enough)

But if this was me, id spend a couple nights up and ready with paintball gun in hand. stop those ******s from coming around.

·
Registered
83 Posts
But if this was me, id spend a couple nights up and ready with paintball gun in hand. stop those ******s from coming around.
I agree! 100%! Except I would use a pump action bb rifle. Hide out so they don't see you, then pop their car with pellets. It'll leave a lasting impression on their car, and they won't know who did it! Pay backs a B****!

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
If you would mount a camera you would want it to have a playback speed of 3 frames per second, in order to catch the bastards license plate, mount it towards the way they would be traveling, more than likely getting their back license plate, then give the footage to the cops to have digitaly refined. Or just stay up and wait for the bastards and give them something to remember!

·
Registered
169 Posts
believe it or not, costco sells a 4 camera or 8 camera system with a DVR recording unit, which could be set up to be viewed 24/7 on your computer wherever you have internet connection. Prices... 4-800. I set one system up for a Subway sandwich placee and they love it. Motion sense, back up to CD blah blah blah. lol anyhow man, i feel your pain...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
^ omfg nice video. hahaha

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
thanks guys, i remembered it from a few years back, when they first came out. Ever since, each one of my vehicles have received a new trunk monkey vehicle alarm system! LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.