Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran and search on here and nothing hit, but I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with them.

They are very inexpensive for a pair which is making wonder if they are any good. I can 2 of them delivered to my door for less than one Moog.

Any first hand experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Oh yeah I put those on my 08, It only took me 30 minutes for both sides and they work great, maybe I was lucky but for the price I love it. Been on the car for 9 months no problem. Also bought LCAs, rotors, pads, tie rods and a bunch of stuff from them at the same time including wheel bearing and wipers and all worked out fine so go for it I was satisfied to the gill.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Are you using it as a repair/replacement, or are you lowering your car?

As a repair/replacement, they'll probably be okay, but if you're going to use lowering springs, it would be worth it to buy the ACDelco SS/TC FE5 struts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Based on your advice Colby I ordered the struts from PrimeChoice and will be putting them in today. Unfortunately due to the snow storm here last weekend I can't get in to get in aligned for a day or two... Called the 4 shops with alignment machines and they are too busy putting on winter tires this morning LOL.

Just replacing worn struts.... Car has 254,000 MILES on it but an 09 with a fairly good body. So just trying to get another year out of it without spending anymore than necessary on it.

As mentioned above I installed them today. Took less than 20 minutes a side, the awesomeness of having access to a lift and air tools. If they last for 30,000 miles I will be laughing money wise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.