Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Quantumgreen. I have about 22,000 miles on my Cobalt LS XFE 5-speed. I test drove the new Cruze, was disappointed. It immediately had a "bargy" feel to it--more like a midsize than a snappy compact. The turning radius is a couple feet larger, which might account for the different feel behind the wheel. The engine was unexpectedly noisy, because of the turbo, I guess. My car has a bare bones interior, but I think I'll stick with it for awhile. Max fuel economy was 37 miles per gallon on the expressway, and not at a constant 60 mph.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
What Mike said.

LIGHTYEARS ahead in the Cobalt as far as refinement and quality are concerned.

You thought the engine was noisy? I couldn't even hear the ******! And I thought it handled relatively well (keep in mind - I have SS/TC Struts, Shocks, SSC Springs and SS/SC Control Arms and Front Sway Bar) for a family sedan and a car that size in general.

It was obscenely slow from a dead stop, but if you put it in the right gear and went from a roll it spooled fast enough. The transmission needs some refinement, but that's really my only complaint on the car.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Probably get one late summer when new MY comes out.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I've driven a handful of cruzes (work at a chevy dealer). I don't like them. IMO it's just an aveo with a nice fancy interior and fancy wheels. turd bomb IMO

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
They're built a bit nicer than the Cobalt, but they're not coming anywhere near the price to performance ratio that the SS/SC and SS/TC had.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'd prefer the 2012 Focus over that garbage.

·
Registered
931 Posts
drive them everyday (also work for a chevy drealer)... there nice cars i woulda bought one

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with ya man, you just seem to bulky and then smaller on the engine sizes...not what I was looking for since I had a Grand Prix GXP and was looking into a cobalt and I got it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.