Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When i try to start the engine sometimes to doesnt turn over and it sometimes takes 2-3 tried before it starts. Its a 2006 Cobalt LS with 42K kilometres on it.

Its fairly new and i just bought it and very few km's. Im surprised. I cannot afford to bring it into garage till this friday. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem? Does it sound that serious?

And they did say the car is still under warranty so if it has to be fixed does everything get paid? And does it matter where i get it serviced? I bought it in Kelowna and i live in Williams Lake. In williams lake there is a Chevrolet dealer would they fix it for free? haha i dont know much about this.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sounds like the fuel pump module. There is a service bulletin out about them. I just had mine repaired yesterday under warranty. Does the rear of the car smell like gas?

There are a couple of other recent threads in this section about it if you look a little further down. One by soccerfan and one by me.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesnt smell like gas or anything. Havent happened to me for a couple days. Pay day friday so ill get it checked out

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Bring it to the dealer, have them check it out. DON'T pay it unless you're sure you have to...Let them DIAGNOSE the problem and fix it for free or if they say you have to pay, post up on here first to make sure you aren't getting ripped off or whatever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.