Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I HAVE THE RACING SOLUTION HEADER DP COMBO AND MY CAR MAKES THIS KNOCKING NOISE EVERY TIME I START IT. THEN AFTER ABOUT 5 MINS WHEN ITS WARMED UP, NO MORE NOISE...

IV POSTED A SIMILAR THREAD LIKE THIS BEFORE SO I HOPE I DONT ANNOY ANYONE, ITS JUST IF I DONT DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS IM GONNA EXPLODE! :notrust:

·
Registered
653 Posts
A knocking? Generally if you have a knocking noise coming from the enigne that means you have compression issues. I have always been tought when buying vehicles to stay away from the knocking. Where does the noise come from?

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
np!
and to the op, if the knock is coming from the header your fine.
if its coming from under the valve cover, then you have issues. if your really worried about it, pull your spark plugs. and check for evidence of detonation and pre ignition. you can tell a lot about the way your car is running by reading your plugs. helpful linky= Century Performance Center, Inc. :: Spark Plug Reading

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
np!
and to the op, if the knock is coming from the header your fine.
if its coming from under the valve cover, then you have issues. if your really worried about it, pull your spark plugs. and check for evidence of detonation and pre ignition. you can tell a lot about the way your car is running by reading your plugs. helpful linky= Century Performance Center, Inc. :: Spark Plug Reading
nah im positive its from the header...

wow that spark plug link can really come in handy

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, i only realized how MUCH you find out from them a couple years ago.
like i said, if its from the header i wouldnt worry about it.
haha alright man

idk i just dont like when my buddies and i get out of work (they have hondas)
and i turn on my car and they go "hey domestic guy, an import doesnt cry like your cobalt does"...lol i hate them jk.

but oh well...I LOVE MY CAR.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
haha alright man

idk i just dont like when my buddies and i get out of work (they have hondas)
and i turn on my car and they go "hey domestic guy, an import doesnt cry like your cobalt does"...lol i hate them jk.

but oh well...I LOVE MY CAR.
they are just jealous cause your car sounds better while you are pushing the gas in. and that yours doesnt sound like a weed whacker! :laugh:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they are just jealous cause your car sounds better while you are pushing the gas in. and that yours doesnt sound like a weed whacker! :laugh:
YEAH dude your a big help.

thanks man

hey how do i put pictures up like you did?
i hate how when you look at my post it just says newbie...
and also i wanna show off my balt :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.