Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my grandmother is prepping for a class action lawsuit over the issues with the cobalt, and she overheard something that may have not been true, but i thought i would mention on here. She had heard that in certain frontal collisions, the air bags on particular models of cobalt and pursuits DO NOT DEPLOY.

If anyone can confirm or deny this claim, please do so.

·
Banned
161 Posts
ur balt is rice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
^^ WoW ur gay

·
Registered
750 Posts
There was a problem with cars not equipped with side curtain air bags. Without them serious head injury could occur. There was a recall at least a yr ago now to fix this that GM installs some sort of plastic to drop out on cars that don't have the air bags. With this being said I think your grandma is wasting her time and money trying to sue them.

·
Banned
161 Posts
^^ WoW ur gay
coming from a guy who has a muffler on his car that means nothing to me

nramlow2006 added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

There was a problem with cars not equipped with side curtain air bags. Without them serious head injury could occur. There was a recall at least a yr ago now to fix this that GM installs some sort of plastic to drop out on cars that don't have the air bags. With this being said I think your grandma is wasting her time and money trying to sue them.

qtf

·
Registered
869 Posts
coming from a guy who has a muffler on his car that means nothing to me
Coming from a guy who has nothing better to do than post attacks on someones car in a thread that has nothing to do with that.

Well GM definitely has its faults at times, but normally they catch that stuff pretty quick. I dont know how valid the suit would be.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coming from a guy who has nothing better to do than post attacks on someones car in a thread that has nothing to do with that.

Well GM definitely has its faults at times, but normally they catch that stuff pretty quick. I dont know how valid the suit would be.
well, seeing that particular accident should have set off the airbags, but did not! i dont know why.

As for the rice comment, idc, it's what i want to do to my car, you do what you want to yours.

·
Registered
52 Posts
U come onto a thread about airbags and you insult a guys car. Nobody asked you to post anything anyways. Insolent Ass.

·
Banned
161 Posts
U come onto a thread about airbags and you insult a guys car. Nobody asked you to post anything anyways. Insolent Ass.
im sorry i wrote the first thing i thought of when i looked at the HUGE BOEING tail fin on the back of his car.

pardon my thread jacking.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
alright enough of the critisism lets get this thread on topic he came here about an issur on hiss car not for rude comments ... i am not joining anyones side just fulfillin my job as a moderator

·
Registered
135 Posts
my grandmother is prepping for a class action lawsuit over the issues with the cobalt, and she overheard something that may have not been true, but i thought i would mention on here. She had heard that in certain frontal collisions, the air bags on particular models of cobalt and pursuits DO NOT DEPLOY.

If anyone can confirm or deny this claim, please do so.
The supplemental inflatable restraint system has been designed to function only under certain circumstances. If the force specifications are not meet then the systems does what its supposed to do and not activate. You hit the guard rail on the passenger side correct, why would the drivers airbag deploy in a passenger side impact? Its true some specific cobalts without side curtain airbags did not meet safety standards but that has been handled and is a totally separate issue. I personally think this may be a waste of her time and money.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I still don't see 500 stickers on his vehicle,and he isn't speaking jibba jabba either like a wigger:p.So in other words he isn't a ricer,but I don't agree with the wing but who cares honestly.Its not our Cobalt,its his choice to do whatever he thinks his cobalt should look like or perform with better parts.Thats messed up with the air bags though.Never had a problem yet honestly with the air bags deploying.:/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.