Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious...I used to have a 91 Taurus LX Wagon. It was my baby, 3.8 V6, digital dash and every available option! I loved that car, but it decided to dump the VSS and the dealer wanted more than the car was worth to fix, so I don't drive it anymore. Still have it, but it is for sale.

I am still an Admin over at taurusclub.com. Nice community, I'll probably never leave even though the Taurus may be history!

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Taurus' were one of the more recents turds Ford ever made, second to many's opinion to the Pinto. The Taurus is the reason why many people, like my self will NEVER buy a front wheel drive automatic Ford again.
I had a 1994 Taurus wagon with 150,000 on it and the tranny took a dump, had AAMCO transmission rebuild it and 13,000 later it took a dump 500 miles from my house. Those things were such garbage, AAMCO refused to seel me the super delux warranty for the repair.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
girlfriend had a taurus. 150k miles on it, never gave her any trouble. never died, stalled, anything like that. she sold it for 1000 to her mechanic. I think it was a 1996.

DEfinatly a good and reliable car.

·
Registered
931 Posts
....never felt the need to re build a trans twice a year... lol i never had one

·
Registered
485 Posts
Taurus' were one of the more recents turds Ford ever made, second to many's opinion to the Pinto. The Taurus is the reason why many people, like my self will NEVER buy a front wheel drive automatic Ford again.
I had a 1994 Taurus wagon with 150,000 on it and the tranny took a dump, had AAMCO transmission rebuild it and 13,000 later it took a dump 500 miles from my house. Those things were such garbage, AAMCO refused to seel me the super delux warranty for the repair.
Forgot about this little guy:

I had a Ford Tempo...It lasted long enough for me to learn how to drive and get my license. It was a GL...We used to joke that the GL meant "Good Luck" to whoever was dumb enough to buy one.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Forgot about this little guy:

I had a Ford Tempo...It lasted long enough for me to learn how to drive and get my license. It was a GL...We used to joke that the GL meant "Good Luck" to whoever was dumb enough to buy one.
idk man those 2.3s where bullet proof...

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Just curious...I used to have a 91 Taurus LX Wagon. It was my baby, 3.8 V6, digital dash and every available option! I loved that car, but it decided to dump the VSS and the dealer wanted more than the car was worth to fix, so I don't drive it anymore. Still have it, but it is for sale.

I am still an Admin over at taurusclub.com. Nice community, I'll probably never leave even though the Taurus may be history!

I like the SHOS.

Nice Mack license plate, you drive truck?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
My parents had a 91 GL (i think it was)
didnt die til just a few years back, blew a head gasket a few times & it was fixed, but i think dad just gave up on it... we still have it, its just junked behind our building. lol

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Ford 3.8 Essex was notorious for blowing head gaskets at 60K...mine was no different! LOL Once fixed with KelPro replacement gaskets, they run forever! Mine has 105K on it now and still runs like a champ even with a bad VSS.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
my stepdad drives the 2007 I believe, fully loaded as well. It kicks pretty good. Dont have pics though sorry.

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha, just found this pic of my digital dash! This is from the ceremonial turning of the odometer to 100K! Ah, the memories!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.