Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
That was the Cobalt 272 concept kit. I don't remember who made it, but it looked sweet. The hood scoop which looked VERY tacky to me, actually served as a ram air scoop for the SC. They actually made a car with that kit as a prototype but never mass produced it, or produced it period for that matter.

·
Registered
353 Posts
This was introduced on the 2004 SEMA show. Body kit has never gone in production. This very car was sold on Craigslist in the spring of 2013, and apparently stolen from the new owner shortly after that. Here are some more pictures to drool over though ;-)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I was just going to say it was the prototype cobalt, too late the the party though I guess.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Look at the kit VERY closely. It's actually just the stock SS kit with added CF Diffusers. The skirts are just bolted on (look at bottom pic), the rear bumper didn't have a tail pipe cut out on it and had CF diffuser bolted to it, and the front bumper is the factory SS bumper with no cutouts made for grill and lower section. All of that can EASILY be replicated if you're good with matching something to polyurethane. All you would need to do to replicate this kit is fill in the front bumper, and tail pipe cutout, make the CF diffusers, bolt them up to the SS kit, and re-route your exhaust with a Y-pipe just before exit.

Not hard to replicate that, but I'm sure it's time consuming.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Front end is ugly

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
The 272 SS balt was unveiled at SEMA in 2004 yes, but there were differences to it that didn't come from the factory, for example, this cobalt had a prototype supercharger in it, not the M62, and was completely ported running a 2.7in pulley. GMPD built the car, and it had 272whp out of the box, which is why it is called 272. The suspension was dropped 1.6inches from the factory, had Baer brakes and rotors, 19in rims, and was tuned by GM HPVO (High Performance Vehicle Operations).

it was actually a beast of a car, and they made a few of these prototype superchargers and put them on a handful of cobalts, and some are still floating around, I'm for the life of me trying to remember what they were tho. I remember they were rare tho, only like 10 of them ever made it on cobalts

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

It is the Eaton H62 supercharger that was on this one. That is it. Thanks Banker, I knew someone had to know lol.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya im not a fan of the hood and the color, but i do like the body kit. i will defiantly try to replicate this body kit. that is when i get the ss bumpers.

·
Registered
922 Posts
That front bumper doesn't alow for a whole lot of air to cool the blower, or a heat exchanger... I've kinda thought about using this front bumper

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
It's called the H62 blower and Staged07SS has one on CSS

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
It's called the H62 blower and Staged07SS has one on CSS
slightly late there lol. I know there are a handful of guys with them, but not a lot because there were very few that actually were produced and sold to the public.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.